X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Drove past a Game Stop earlier and a sign was outside:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel
    I wasn't sure if they had begun openly recruiting local youths into the drug war or what. Checked it out when I got home it must've been a pre-order sign. The game looks semi-appealing. You can be 1 of 3 characters: LAPD, FBI or DEA as they move from Los Angeles to Juarez.

http://callofjuarez.ubi.com/the-cartel/en-US/home/
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

So, a cops and robbers game where you are the good guy....hmmm, novel idea for a video game. Looks OK....I bet my son will get it, so I'll play his when he gets it. lol
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I got all excited when it said you can pre-order, and get a free tactical machine pistol with silencer!

But then I found out you only get it in the game. I think that's false advertising.

Comment

Either way, within the first week some pre-teen will figure out the code to unlock all the weapons anyway.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
          I got all excited when it said you can pre-order, and get a free tactical machine pistol with silencer!

But then I found out you only get it in the game. I think that's false advertising.
          Depends on where you preorder. If you preorder south of the border maybe it DOES come with a real one.

Anyway, looks like it might be a good story. Although it would be kinda f-ed up, I was kinda hoping it would be a game where it was one cartel vs another and you could pick which one you wanted to work for or something. A game like that could take you through prison, south of the border, and running dope and weapons back and forth across the River. Lots of possibilities.
          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

WOW. i dont play video games anymore but that one looks badass. Between that and the upcoming LA Noire game I might have to come out of retirement

Comment

It's from Ubisoft. They put out a lot of good games. I'll probably give it go.
              "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
              -Chris Rock

Comment

I cant believe how realistic games are now.

Comment

I thought this was a western themed game?

Comment

Southwestern. Los Angeles to Juarez.
                    NRA Life Member

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3041 users online. 159 members and 2882 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X