300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworking

Does anyone else here do any woodworking? I can use some tips.
    10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Ive dabbled a bit, my father is a master craftsman cabinet maker. Whats up?

Comment

Took woodshop for 4 years in highschool. Built ramps for an entire skatepark. Built some top notch things for some businesses like counters and what not. I'm really into car audio so I do a ton of wood working with speaker boxes, fiberglassing, etc. I know a little bit. What do you need to know? lol
      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblinman View Post
        I can use some tips.
        Move your thumb before you swing the hammer.
        sigpic

Comment

Measure twice----cut once.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I cut the board off twice and it's still too short.

This is my next tool purchase.

http://www.kregtool.com/Pocket-Hole-Jigs-Prodlist.html

Last edited by OneAdam12; 05-10-2011, 03:01 PM.
            Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

what do you need to know? Here are some random ones; make your own jigs if you can, keep an offcut bin, see if you can borrow specialty tols rather than buy them, get most of your tools at garage sales etc. it is cheaper, and before any project, square up your blades or at least double check to make ure they are square. Rough cut carpentry is ok without it some but anything fine is definately something you need to do. Also learn proper gluing techniques. it will save you time and headache. Number one thing is get used to wearing a mask. The fine dust can give you athsema according to the doc I went to when I started to have breathing problems. Buy a nice one, not the little crappy one use things. Also safety is the number one thing. Kickback sucks. Don't lose a finger and eye protection is a must.
              Last edited by thrombis; 05-10-2011, 03:40 PM.
              If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

Your life is NOT my fault.

What part of NO did you not understand?

Comment

keep your saw dust and mix it with wood glue. makes a good filler of holes.
                He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees24 View Post
                  keep your saw dust and mix it with wood glue. makes a good filler of holes.
                  It's also good to soak up spilt liquids such as gas, oil, etc
                  Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post

You will not go wrong here my friend. One of the most used tools in my shop.

For the OP: First rule of woodworking - No fingers.

Comment

I use these quite often at work. We do a lot of trim work around doors and windows and the Kreg Jig makes it so easy and the joints dont spread. Definetly worth the money.

Comment

If you are using a dust collection system and you cut old wood with a nail in it or metal, in general, the metal shavings can ignite a pile of dust, even overnight. I disconnect my system anytime I cut metal.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                          If you are using a dust collection system and you cut old wood with a nail in it or metal, in general, the metal shavings can ignite a pile of dust, even overnight. I disconnect my system anytime I cut metal.
                          Good tip.
                          Or get a spark arrestor.

Comment

Good tip.
                            Or get a spark arrestor.
                            How does that work? It all gets sucked into a 4" hose and the hot shaving can simmer in the wood dust, not sparks so much.

Comment

Kind of like a muffler with baffles. Some have a water bath.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6371 users online. 352 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X