300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason clutter is bad

One thing about church-owned housing... it comes with the job, and it is not necessarily the size of house you would choose for yourself if you had a choice. In my case, this house is a lot bigger than I would have ever bought for myself, especially as I was single when I moved in.

Over the eighteen years I have lived here, I have accumulated stuff. Lots of stuff. When I married, my husband moved his stuff in. Our parents died; we inherited their stuff. And since there was lots of room, we just took it all in.

Is this forming a mental image of too much stuff? Good.

So, now I am retiring in a couple of months, and we will be moving out of the church's house. There is no way we need or want to keep all this stuff, so we have been de-cluttering, discarding, relocating, and packing stuff. There are piles everywhere: garage sale piles, pack and take piles, give away piles, and so forth. And we are getting into seldom-used corners of the house as we do this.

A few days ago, I removed a basket from a high shelf in a closet, and left the basket on the floor while I made decisions about the stuff it contained. This morning I decided to put the now-lighter basket back on that shelf... short chaplain, standing on tip-toe, jamming the basket back on the high shelf. Something came flying off the shelf and hit me.

To be more accurate, it jumped off the shelf, ran down my arm, body, and leg, and back into the closet-- a mouse.

I have had enough of packing for a while!

Last edited by Chaplain Keppy; 05-09-2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: fix a typo
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

I've been a soldier, firefighter, correctional officer and a LEO. Been trained to deal with and have dealt with a lot of stuff. I don't scare easy!
    But that and roaches crawling on me would make me scream like a little school girl.

Comment

I did NOT scream like a little school girl.

I screamed like a middle-aged woman. Did a little dance, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
        I did NOT scream like a little school girl.

I screamed like a middle-aged woman. Did a little dance, too!
        You did better than I would have.

Comment

How about you donate everything to charity and start anew? You do work for the church.
          Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Yup, a lot of it will end up with various people and organizations.

Comment

I need to find a charity that can use mice!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                I need to find a charity that can use mice!

Chinese restaurants?
                Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Maybe a soup kitchen for indigent cats?

Comment

I hate mice! Only thing worse is Mimes Imagine your shock if it was a Mime that jumped out of the basket
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Lord have mercy!

A mime?! That would have finished me off!

Comment

Uh-oh... I think they're in the kitchen, as well as the closet...

Comment

Hmmmm.....well, that explains the distant, far off screaming I heard the other day.....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Gonna be eating a lot of take-out, between now and when we move...

Comment

That thar is funny
                              sigpic
                              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 371 members and 5971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X