300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info For the Armed Forces Veterans

New Grave Marker from Veterans Administration FREE!

A new benefit from the Veterans Agency provides a free grave marker for veterans who died on or after November 1, 1990, and whose grave is marked with a privately purchased headstone or marker.

The bronze marker is available in three sizes, 1½, 3 or 5 inches wide. It can be attached to an existing grave stone or marker with an adhesive. For more information, including application directions, visit the VA Web site at http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmtype.asp.

If this was common knowledge, I was unaware.
    Headstones and other markers are also available for FREE.

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

There are quite a few benefits for veterans burial. An honor guard service, headstone, free burial space in a veterans cemetary, spouse can be burried with you in same space. Plus there are survivor benefits for the spouse too. But this plaque is a good to know, thanks for the info.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I've always thought you had to serve for a lengthy period of time in order to be buried in a National Cemetery. After reading the VA's site, that's not the case. In fact, based on when my dad first enlisted, it looks like there is no minimum service requirement.

Comment

Good info, One Adam. Since I'm sure Social Security will be gone by the time I retire, this may be helpful to the balance sheet.

Comment

Thanks. Good to know.
          "People don't fail, they give up". - Dale Carnegie

Comment

Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
            I've always thought you had to serve for a lengthy period of time in order to be buried in a National Cemetery. After reading the VA's site, that's not the case. In fact, based on when my dad first enlisted, it looks like there is no minimum service requirement.
            The only requirement is the dicharge should be under honorable conditions.
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I'm attending a VFW seminar Thursday that covers veteran benefits. It's nice to know ahead of time what I rate so the details can be put into my will.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 251 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X