300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
    Infact, for size all bones are much stronger thatn concrete. About 8 times. They're flexible, lightweight and super hard. Yet will break if alot of force is given. A thigh bone can withstand about a tonne of stress before snapping. This depening on a person's health. The lower joint of a femur, pretty much impossible to break with a hammer, yet hollow bones will break with a brick, slab of concrete or a hammer. Imagine a bit of concrete the size of a bone, it would break easily... Wouldn't it?

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_human...#ixzz1Lt1sLZ9m
    IIRC, that's only if the bone is upright. I remember watching some science video where they showed a thigh bone supporting the weight of a small motorcycle, but it was end on end. Length wise it's not as strong...
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post

8. On average, women say 7,000 words per day while men manage just over 2,000 words.
      Somehow, this does not surprise me.

Comment

-I learned that the lost city of Ubar actually did exist. Apparently the residents kept pumping the groundwater out of the spring until the limestone shelf collapsed (without the water to help support it) and the city was promptly swallowed up by the desert ~1,500 years ago.

-Las Vegas essentially paid for the Drop 2 reservoir in California.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          Recently...........................ummmm that there isn't really four seasons.

Peeps back here are frogs.

You can't eat cow corn.

Liquid manure smells really bad. The whole town of -------smells like it. Do you really get used to the smell?

People run around town with cow sheeot all over their boots...to the bank...to the grocery store....etc.

Amish men look creepy.
          Gotta be Dodge City.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Turning a clock's hands counterclockwise while setting it is not necessarily harmful. It is only damaging when the timepiece contains a chiming mechanism.
            Life is what you make of it

Comment

MD, mama used to tell me it's bad luck, though.

D2 (Happy Birthday, honey)...peeps are frogs. You can eat feed corn (not cow corn!) but it's gonna hurt your stomach...its really not reccommended. You're too far north for me to advise on the seasons, but I told you that we have four. Hot then hot AND humid are two different seasons.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I learned that it is amazing what behaviors you can get used to from other people....Something that would have shocked me 10 years ago, now simply makes me shake my head. We had some kid run a red light @ an esitmated 130mph the other night, and I wasn't a bit surprised when I found out it was a riced out Honda Civic.
                Whatever hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed.
                Some minds are like concrete...Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                01 CVPI - Former OKCPD gang unit #0113129
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3037005
                http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/russrad25/6c.jpg http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...4-832889-1.jpg
                My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!
                ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                  Liquid manure smells really bad. The whole town of -------smells like it. Do you really get used to the smell?
                  No, believe me, I'm from the heart of cattle country and cattle feed lots, you never get used to it. However on days when the weather cooperates, it will be "less" noticeable.
                  Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                  I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                  Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                  as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

The lemon slice on your glass of ice tea was originally used to disinfect the edge of the glass where it would meet your lips. You moved it around the outer rim of the glass. The lemon kills bacteria.
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by Redders View Post
                      No, believe me, I'm from the heart of cattle country and cattle feed lots, you never get used to it. However on days when the weather cooperates, it will be "less" noticeable.
                      We, in Iowa, call that "steak on the hoof smell".

OR "Money on the hoof smell"

The dog just came in after a stroll around the countryside.
                      Since he obviously found a pile of wet stuff-----------he is going into the bathtub real soon.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                        The lemon slice on your glass of ice tea was originally used to disinfect the edge of the glass where it would meet your lips. You moved it around the outer rim of the glass. The lemon kills bacteria.
                        wow! I never even gave it much thought and had no clue about this! Thanks

Comment

I learned AGAIN that halcion and whatever else they gave me today will allow me to walk and talk, but apparently I've been doing rather strange things since surgery. I have no memory of the surgery this morning, but I *can* clean the house. Husband keeps finding me up and about when apparently I'm suppose to be laying down.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Today, 30 years ago one of the greatest musicians passed away...RIP, Bob Marley...

sigpic

Comment

I learned how to make decaf tea from caffeinated tea, thanks to my naturopath. He gave the example of green tea, which is really good for you. Use one heaping teaspoon of green tea or one teabag per cup. Let it steep in hot water for one minute, where most of the caffeine will come out into the water. Then start over with the same tea in fresh hot water. The second cup will be virtually caffeine-free.

I don't know HOW it works, but being someone who shouldn't have much caffeine (recently quit eating the coffee beans :P), that's okay. It just needs TO work.

Comment

Smurfette Hope you feel better and just rest !!

I learned in a pinch you can shine your shoes up real quick & nice with Armoral.
                                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3494 users online. 200 members and 3294 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X