• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    The Game is still on.
    No question.

Bin Laden was like the Queen of England, a figurehead.

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied
    This is the equivalent of Doolittle’s Raid in our war on terror. While the operation was a success, the victory was more of a symbolic, rather than strategic/tactical win. We destroyed the figurehead of the organization, and while there will be repercussions on the morale of terror in general, there will not be much destabilization.

Operations in planning will continue, new planning will take place. The Intelligence we gain will help us, but it will not make us safe. There will be unstable people who will decide to become terrorists because of this. There will be less of them because of the way we handled the body.

The funeral was to keep the crazy people happy. I understand how rational people will be upset about the burial rights, but rational people are not really the problem. Rational people probably won’t start killing people over the handling of the body, as
    opposed to what the irrational would do if handled differently.

Do not become complacent; he did not matter in the grand scheme. Terrorists around the world will have something to prove.
    The Game is still on.

M-11

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied

Doesn't look he sees 72 virgins.

Last edited by GoldBadge; 05-03-2011, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigSky
    replied
    Originally posted by WI Ranger View Post
    After 10 years, the world can breath a bit easier.
    Hmmmm. . . if you say so.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Check the time of the post. It was made at the time when they were reporting that. I think we all know now that his bulletproof turban failed and he got tagged in the head.

Leave a comment:

• BigSky
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    US Missile strike a week ago. They were waiting for DNA test results.
    Wrong... but that's how I thought he would have gone as well.

He took one to the face.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
    I can only imagine what was said after the body went overboard.
    This is a repost from earlier in the thread, but I think it sums up what everyone said and felt towards Bin Laden when we found out we got the sumbish.

Thought i'd share these with ya'll.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
    This bothers me. Hopefully an official report will come out with some details. If "24 SEALs" were in a "firefight" for 40 minutes, I highly doubt 3 or 4 people plus bin laden were the only ones killed. maybe they're the only "important" ones? Maybe the total operation took 40 minutes? The more I hear from "experts" the more this sounds like a deal....
    What the Sarge said. It appears they were on the ground for 40 minutes.

I've been thinking the same thing as you. Some outlets reported that there were other people that were captured and handed over to the Pakistanis. These are also the same outlets that were reporting they were in and out before the Pakistanis arrived. So you pick what ya wanna believe, I don't know.

I am more inclined to believe we were able to grab a couple guys and whisk them away to some place we will never hear mention of...

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Where is Orly Taitz? We need a lawsuit to prove that bin Laden is really alive.

Leave a comment:

• MD11pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by LINY View Post
    Thanks to the news in Taiwan for this (Kinda NSFW)

Hilarious.
    Lol I burst out laughing when the SEALS pulled out ray guns in the vid.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I saw on the news the actual firefight took less than 5 minutes from insertion. The rest of the time until extraction was combing the compound for intel.
    Read an "official" timeline. Makes more sense now.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
    I can only imagine what was said after the body went overboard.
    Aw, damn it, we'll never get the smell off the fish!

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    I saw on the news the actual firefight took less than 5 minutes from insertion. The rest of the time until extraction was combing the compound for intel.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    I heard that 3 or 4 others were killed including a woman.
    This bothers me. Hopefully an official report will come out with some details. If "24 SEALs" were in a "firefight" for 40 minutes, I highly doubt 3 or 4 people plus bin laden were the only ones killed. maybe they're the only "important" ones? Maybe the total operation took 40 minutes? The more I hear from "experts" the more this sounds like a deal....

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Great job by all!

Mission accomplished!
    Last edited by deputy x 2; 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4872 users online. 321 members and 4551 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X