This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
    OR MAYBE... They shot Osama twice in the chest and once between the eyes. They went up to his lifeless corpse, held a picture of him next to his face, and decided, "Yep, it's him" and sent the news stateside? Either way, who cares? You are seriously arguing about whether one of the most wanted men in the history of the world was killed 7 days ago or 12 hours ago. Be happy the dude is dead and gone.
    Yep. The real shame is he could only be killed once.

Comment

• Originally posted by jannino View Post
      Use that same logic with the extremists. This is why we are seeing increased threat levels and travel warnings.
      Local news reported first Al-Qaida message posted with threats of upcoming retaliation on extremist websites. So it indicates they accept UBL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
        I am dismayed by the number of our 'leaders' stating Justice has been served. From Obama, to Hilliary Clinton, Pataki and Rumsfeld, this is the statement echoed over and over again. Is it really justice? Did that one man being killed change anything? Hell, the media can't even agree on when or how Osama was killed or by whom. Do any of those details matter? They do to me; especially after seeing the crap fed to the American people over and over again. He's dead. Yay! Now what? Who has been calling the shots all these years since he's been below ground (or apparently lounging in comfort)? Almost 6,000 military members killed since 911? All those that died on 911; how can anything think this is over due to the death of ONE man. This isn't over. This is NOT justice and quite frankly, I think it gives too much credit to Osama and Al Qaeda to equate his one death as "justice" compared to 10K Americans.

I understand the celebration of his death. I want to know what else? Please tell me there is more. Tell me the death of my friends/family isn't coming down to his death. President Obama said this is the most significant achievement since the war on terror. That does NOT fill me with great joy, that after almost ten years, countless deaths and yes, unmeasurable amounts of money, that his death is the greatest accomplishment.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at what I see as a bigger picture not being seen.
        While I understand the overall frustration with various operations conducted during this "War on Terror" and the lives and resources lost thus far, I fail to see how it is not a good thing this POS has been taken out of the equation and the method of how it was done. A Navy Seal Team going in, killing OBL and being able to take the corpse as well? Not to mention w/o loss of any Team member.

I don't think anyone with any common sense is really promoting the idea "Okay......we're done......war's over". No, there's plenty more to come. Maybe at an a accelerated rate given the moolah-heads will be all peed-off about sending OBL to Allah.

What's the alternative? Give up and learn Arabic?

Greatest accomplishment? Maybe not. Significant? Hells yeah! In this conflict w/o clear battle lines, there's not much to hang a victory hat on. Taking this scumbag out is something. How exactly it was done may never be completely known and/or argued about for years. Bottom line......he's dead. Good riddance. It's a good thing. Something I've been waiting to hear since 9/11/2001.

As for the conflict with islamic radicals? I'm afraid that's going to go on and on long after we have departed the planet.
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

• I just heard CNN say that Bin Laden may have used a woman as a human shield before he was shot in the head. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, I'm not surprised.

Comment

• UBL was, to many, the symbol of Islamic Extremism, that symbol had to die. Will a new symbol take over? Sure, but now he will take over knowing he will not die of old age. You can talk martyrdom all you want, UBL didn't want to die, his last few seconds were full of terror, I am sure he crapped himself.

Does anybody else just love how suddenly the media will do this "NEWS ALERT we now take you to (some reporter) who has new information," then that person just says something we have all known about for hours? Where are the actual questions being asked that make sense? For example;

Was anybody else was killed beside him? Hard to believe he was the only one they had to kill. There had to be bodyguards and some high level advisors.
            Originally posted by FJDave
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

• Excerpt from a CNN article:
              Today's religious rites were conducted on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson in the Arabian sea. The ceremony started at 1:10am and finished at 2:10am ET," the second official said. "Procedures for Islamic body were followed. The body was washed and placed in a white sheet. A military official read prepared remarks, which were then translated into Arabic by a native speaker. The body of Osama bin Laden was placed on a flat board, which was then tipped up, and allowed to slide into the sea."
              This is how they hopefully 'washed' the body:
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                Was anybody else was killed beside him? Hard to believe he was the only one they had to kill. There had to be bodyguards and some high level advisors.
                I heard that 3 or 4 others were killed including a woman.
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                  I heard that 3 or 4 others were killed including a woman.
                  ^^^^^ Wasn't OBL's son killed?

Comment

• Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                    Excerpt from a CNN article:

This is how they hopefully 'washed' the body:
                    I can only imagine what was said after the body went overboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                      "The ship smells better already."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Thanks to the news in Taiwan for this (Kinda NSFW)

Hilarious.

Comment

• While the war is far from over, as has been said countless times by both our leaders and those on this forum, this is definitely a victory.

Whether you agree with the President's politics or not, you gotta hand it to him, he sure knows how to send the message: Don't even think about screwing with America or the democracy she represents overseas.

Somali pirates, al-Masri and al-Baghdadi in Iraq, and now UBL. Prez gave the go ahead on the mission despite his national security advisors advising him not to. He trusted the CIA's intel and the military prowess of the Navy Seals, and made a good decision.
                            Last edited by JAD227; 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Good Job Seals
                              Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

• I can't wait until one of those seals writes a book about this. Also how many years until the video that obama watched will become declassified?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3396 users online. 259 members and 3137 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X