This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
    UBL's death just means that the face of AQ and 9/11 are gone...At the end of the day UBL was just some rich guy who wanted to be some big person in the jihadist movement...From what I've read he wasn't skilled or a well trained soilder, I bet he couldn't even use a gun...I think his money got him to the top of AQ...The number 2 guy, Al-Zarqawi, is more dangerous, IMO...He's an OG in the jihadist movement, he took part in the assasination of the Egyptian president in the 80's, if I'm not mistaken he was a big fish in the Muslim Brotherhood, could be another group, can't remember...The big picture is the war on terror is not over, the face of AQ and 9/11 however are...

Next up people are going to want to pull out of Afghanistan...
    You have to look at it this way.. what do you think would happen if our President was killed? Our country wouldn't stop running. He is the commander in chief, but our military wouldn't withdraw from afghanistan or iraq. what do you think it would do? it would strengthen our resolve and we would respond with an immediate show of force to whoever we thought was responsible.

Use that same logic with the extremists. This is why we are seeing increased threat levels and travel warnings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      I am dismayed by the number of our 'leaders' stating Justice has been served. From Obama, to Hilliary Clinton, Pataki and Rumsfeld, this is the statement echoed over and over again. Is it really justice? Did that one man being killed change anything? Hell, the media can't even agree on when or how Osama was killed or by whom. Do any of those details matter? They do to me; especially after seeing the crap fed to the American people over and over again. He's dead. Yay! Now what? Who has been calling the shots all these years since he's been below ground (or apparently lounging in comfort)? Almost 6,000 military members killed since 911? All those that died on 911; how can anything think this is over due to the death of ONE man. This isn't over. This is NOT justice and quite frankly, I think it gives too much credit to Osama and Al Qaeda to equate his one death as "justice" compared to 10K Americans.

I understand the celebration of his death. I want to know what else? Please tell me there is more. Tell me the death of my friends/family isn't coming down to his death. President Obama said this is the most significant achievement since the war on terror. That does NOT fill me with great joy, that after almost ten years, countless deaths and yes, unmeasurable amounts of money, that his death is the greatest accomplishment.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at what I see as a bigger picture not being seen.
      Good comments, Smurf. I was actually hanging out with my priest when we watched Obama's speech and he shared many of your same feelings.

Comment

I am dismayed by the number of our 'leaders' stating Justice has been served. From Obama, to Hilliary Clinton, Pataki and Rumsfeld, this is the statement echoed over and over again. Is it really justice? Did that one man being killed change anything? Hell, the media can't even agree on when or how Osama was killed or by whom. Do any of those details matter? They do to me; especially after seeing the crap fed to the American people over and over again. He's dead. Yay! Now what? Who has been calling the shots all these years since he's been below ground (or apparently lounging in comfort)? Almost 6,000 military members killed since 911? All those that died on 911; how can anything think this is over due to the death of ONE man. This isn't over. This is NOT justice and quite frankly, I think it gives too much credit to Osama and Al Qaeda to equate his one death as "justice" compared to 10K Americans.

I understand the celebration of his death. I want to know what else? Please tell me there is more. Tell me the death of my friends/family isn't coming down to his death. President Obama said this is the most significant achievement since the war on terror. That does NOT fill me with great joy, that after almost ten years, countless deaths and yes, unmeasurable amounts of money, that his death is the greatest accomplishment.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at what I see as a bigger picture not being seen.
        Absolutely. This is definitely not over. However, this one achievement has brought us all together again...the patriotism, celebrating in the streets, coming together if only for a short time to demonstrate that we have not forgotten and we will continue to seek out and destroy all who hurt us no matter how long it takes.

World_So_Cold

Comment

• Originally posted by jannino View Post
          I know, I know. You are right, but he didn't deserve it. I wanted his body preserved and put at ground zero.
          Preserved...gees..I'm not sure that would be the way to go. His head on a stick while the rest of it burns at ground zero..maybe but defininetly not left there. His ashes do not belong in the final resting place of so many Americans!

World_So_Cold

Comment

• Originally posted by needguidance View Post
            Preserved...gees..I'm not sure that would be the way to go. His head on a stick while the rest of it burns at ground zero..maybe but defininetly not left there. His ashes do not belong in the final resting place of so many Americans!
            Ok, how about prying his mouth open, preserving it, and using it as a urinal?

Comment

LOL...now you're talkin'!

World_So_Cold

Comment

• Did you all hear, Hollywood is talking about making the raid into a movie, one Hollywood insider was quoted as saying “ for the part of Osama, we are thinking about Charley Sheen” when asked why Charley, the reporter was quoted as saying “ well much like Osama, Charlie’s career is also dead”
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

After putting a slab of ham in it.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                    Next up people are going to want to pull out of Afghanistan...
                    If anything we need to move operations over to Pakistan.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                      After putting a slab of ham in it.
                      Hell no, thats a waste of a good ham, Pig S h i t would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DACP View Post
                        Hell no, thats a waste of a good ham, Pig S h i t would be better.
                        I vote for the ultimate disgrace - kosher pork.
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• They should grind his body up, mix it with pork and feed it to wild hogs.

World_So_Cold

Comment

• keep an eye out for the Tetra fish food bottles marked "with 100% Osama Bin Laden ingredients"

Comment

Well said. This is significant no doubt, but compared to the lives lost in pursuit of this goal it all seems... trite.

Despite what some would love to believe the boogie man is NOT dead. This is not anywhere close to being over.
                              He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                              shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                              - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
                                Well said. This is significant no doubt, but compared to the lives lost in pursuit of this goal it all seems... trite.

Despite what some would love to believe the boogie man is NOT dead. This is not anywhere close to being over.
                                +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3136 users online. 225 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X