Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Police Hall of Fame

Hi all,

While on vacation in Florida last week, my wife and I visited the American Police Hall of Fame - it's just across the street from the Astronaut Hall of Fame (our planned visit - after Kennedy Space Center). I'd honestly never heard of it before, but we took a look around (admission was $8 for military - free for LEO's), and it was definitely worth a visit - beautiful memorial to fallen officers, and a lot of interesting displays from Law Enforcement History - weapons, investigation techniques, vehicles (including an actual one used in Blade Runner). There's also a small shop and range next door which we didn't have time to visit.

Here's the official website: http://www.aphf.org/

Anyhow, if you're down in Florida, I definitely recommend stopping by there - especially as it's just a few miles from Kennedy Space Center so you can get to both in the same day.

Other highlights of the trip were Univeral Studios, Islands of Adventure (we spent a lot of time at the Marvel section, and the Harry Potter World which were both very well done...and my wife said I was grinning like a little kid on the Spiderman ride LOL). Also did a brief visit to Seaworld which is free to military personnel and family, and has a nice "Here's to the Heroes" tribute at the start of the Shamu Show.

I live about half an hour away from there... the range is excellent. Nicest one in the area by far. I'm guessing you came to see the last shuttle... sorry it didn't launch.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

Is my picture hanging in there??? Do they need an autographed copy?
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5831 users online. 340 members and 5491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X