Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-gay church to protest Ohio high school

OHIO.com

COLUMBUS: A representative of an anti-gay church says it plans to picket an Ohio high school next month purely because it was invited to the Columbus area to speak at a different school.

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., is known for its demonstrations at military funerals. Church member Tim Phelps tells the Columbus Dispatch the suburban Hilliard Darby School was picked for a protest on May 10 not because it stood out in any way. He says it's just that when the church gets an invitation, it often chooses to picket in the area.

Teachers at Worthington Kilbourne High School asked the church to send someone to speak before a class called U.S. Political Thought and Radicalism.

The other school has alerted parents to the planned protest.
    Who in their right mind would invite these ****sticks to anything?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Maybe it's an ambush?

Comment

Maybe the school is trying to offset the effect of that show, Glee.
      R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        Maybe it's an ambush?
        We can only hope and pray
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I would think such an invitation would violate the 1st. Amendment.
          This Space For Rent

Comment

Maybe there is a funeral that day and it is a diversionary tactic.
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Looks like it might be another fictitious Westboro Baptist storyby the AP. I looked at the link, it cites the dispatch.com, the dispatch doesn't have it as far as my search goes, no hits on Westboro.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                Looks like it might be another fictitious Westboro Baptist storyby the AP. I looked at the link, it cites the dispatch.com, the dispatch doesn't have it as far as my search goes, no hits on Westboro.
                Here you go

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...t.html?sid=101

Comment

It's weird that I didn't get a link, even tried 'Worthington'. It incredible that they would invite them to the area knowing that's what they do. They must be bored!

Comment

Did you read that article? seems the school has invited the Westboro inbreed church once before, the KKK and some other nut job orginizations. WOW just WOW.

Comment

Yes I read it, maybe the previous time they didn't protest and the teachers have no clue.

Maybe they will invite The Jewish Defense League and the Hezbollah if this doesn't spark enough debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                        Who in their right mind would invite these ****sticks to anything?
                        Fishsticks?
                        "People don't fail, they give up". - Dale Carnegie

Comment

They were at one of our high schools here yesterday. Didn't hear of any problems. Their website has a schedule of their planned protests if you want to follow and tour with them or something...
                          They're planning on protesting at a couple of high school graduations coming up. It surprised me at first that they would have the nerve to ruin a kids graduation, then I remembered these are the animals that "protest" at funerals.
                          When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Here is their "reason" for showing up at one of our local colleges.

"Yet another year has gone by with the opportunity for another class to run from their sins. They instead continue to wallow in their proud sins with no thought of obedience or repentance. WBC will be there to waive her banners high and shine some truth on the situation. You think that finishing up a college education gives you wisdom. It means nothing in the eyes of God!"

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5"

"That is the only graduation gift you should be seeking. Obey or perish!"

Now I see they're going to picket at Arlington National Cemetery, on May 30th.
                            Last edited by Scott941; 04-30-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

It's just a matter of time before someone gets shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5506 users online. 276 members and 5230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X