Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online college for bachelors degree (need advice!)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online college for bachelors degree (need advice!)

I want to finish my bachelors degree so im looking for a good and reasonably priced way to do it online. I dont have time to drive to classes. I saw some colleges but they are preiceyyyyy. any suggestions?

Part of the downside to online schools, is that they tend to be expensive. You likely won't find one that has the affordability of a local community college... however, if you search for in-state universities with online programs, you may find that in-state tuition applies. Penn State University offers an online bachelors program, as does Portland State University. Remember, google is your friend.
    R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

Western Governors University (http://wgu.edu) they're about $6k per year. Competency based, credits from what I understand transfer to the major state and privately run schools in case you want to pursue beyond a bachelors. You can pretty much work at your own pace and for your $6k a year get as many classes done as you can handle.

Downside is that they have a fairly limited course offering. Four disciplines to choose from - Business, Teaching, Health Care, and Information Technology. I've not heard anything but good about them from anyone I've asked.
      He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
      shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
      - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          http://odp.csusuccess.org/

CSU system online degrees, very limited for undergrad though. How much college credit do you have now?

Better than private for profit universities that arent even validly accreditted. If it doesnt have WASC (considering where you are), then I wouldnt waste my time or money on it.

Also youre a CA resident so tuition is way cheaper.
          so cal.. i got about 60 units

Comment

I would think that the state system in Cali would have some online degree programs. Have you checked with the local brick and mortar universities?

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
              I would think that the state system in Cali would have some online degree programs. Have you checked with the local brick and mortar universities?
              hmmmm noooo. i will tho. gd idea

Comment

Check out Upper Iowa University. It is a real brick and mortar school that has a huge online presence and fairly low priced........
                http://www.uiu.edu/locations/index.html

Basic Costs
                http://www.uiu.edu/admissions/annualcosts/index.html
                IA/WI/IL Centers undergraduate/per credit hour $333
                LA Center undergraduate/per credit hour $236
                Military Centers undergraduate/per credit hour $166
                Undergraduate online per credit hour $333
                Undergraduate independent study per credit hour $283

NOTE: Tuition is capped at $250 or less per credit hour for active duty service members, and all DOD cardholders are eligible for a 10 percent tuition discount. Some other discounts may be available to members of certain business partnerships.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

post deleted
                  Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

You can consider Independence University which is reputed and accredited institution offering distance education programs for more than 30 years. They offer healthcare and business programs online with a flexibility for the students to complete the course in less than the normal completion time.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6043 users online. 302 members and 5741 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X