X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    What the hell are you feeding that thing?

Looks good!
    Creatine mixed into the water!

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    They don't require much water, but should be soaked fully when they do get watered, which is the way it works where they are found. Just a good dose of sun (I live in the NE so sun is limited) put in the window with most sun, and left alone. Re pot every few years, Done. That's all I ever did, and has mentioned, I have an even larger one not in the photos. Every time I re pot, I have a bunch left over, and re pot those smaller parts, and give them to friends. They usually screw them up by over watering. I water maybe once a month.
    Oh, and I'm fairly sure they are partial to The Simpson's for TV

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    That's good to know, so once a week was too much! You've inspired me to give it another try.
    Make sure it's in what ever spot/window gets max sun time in your house, and water only when the soil is totally dry, I mean bone dry. Then, totally drench the plant, but leave no standing water in bottom. That's how it is where they thrive, hot sunny and dry, with a heavy drenching rain occasionally. You might add some plant food to the water once, twice per year but I jusy did it when/if I remembered...This is way more detail then I ever followed but:

http://houseplants.about.com/od/succ...AloePlants.htm

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    I water maybe once a month.
    That's good to know, so once a week was too much! You've inspired me to give it another try.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    Willbrink, I think you've got it on 'roids. Admit it man.

I have a fake one! There, I've said it! I have tried numerous times but they always commit suicide and fall out of the pot. I think I over water them or something.
    They don't require much water, but should be soaked fully when they do get watered, which is the way it works where they are found. Just a good dose of sun (I live in the NE so sun is limited) put in the window with most sun, and left alone. Re pot every few years, Done. That's all I ever did, and has mentioned, I have an even larger one not in the photos. Every time I re pot, I have a bunch left over, and re pot those smaller parts, and give them to friends. They usually screw them up by over watering. I water maybe once a month.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Willbrink, I think you've got it on 'roids. Admit it man.

I have a fake one! There, I've said it! I have tried numerous times but they always commit suicide and fall out of the pot. I think I over water them or something.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Aloe plant. I can't live without having one at home. Unfortunately, mine died due to the cold weather and lack of caring from its owners.

Willbrink, that is by far most healthiest Aloe plant I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by icecoldblueyes View Post
    Your plant makes my aloe look pathetic.... lol
    And that's not even the big one!

Leave a comment:

• MD11pilot
    replied
    Aloe worked great when I had a nasty sunburn once.

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    Your plant makes my aloe look pathetic.... lol

Leave a comment:

• JBean
    replied
    Where I grew up, aloe was used to treat thinning hair. Old folks used to cut a stem and rub on the scalp. I don't remember what they did next, or how they washed it. But it was old wives cure.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    the wife has one and it has about 4 branches.. i just showed her these pics and she's jealous

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    I'm sure you already know this, WillBrink, but for anyone who doesn't -- when harvesting aloe vera, it's best to cold press what you can out of it, then use heat infusion and/or ethanol leaching to collect the rest of the good stuff from it.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    What the hell are you feeding that thing?

Looks good!
    Nothing, and that's the smaller of the two. Little water when I remember, that's about it!

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Mama View Post
    http://recoilmag.com/news/aloe_plant.html

Sorry, I couldnt resist

That is one mean aloe plant you got there btw! I think you just found my next hobby for me!
    I see black choppers!!! Doh..

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5489 users online. 338 members and 5151 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X