Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprisoned New York Rapist Turns Down Heart Transplant

Fox News

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- The sister of a New York state prison inmate serving time for raping a 12-year-old female relative in 1996 says her brother has turned down a heart transplant.

Kenneth Pike was flown from Coxsackie prison to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester last week for a transplant revaluation. The Department of Corrections confirmed Monday that Pike was being evaluated.

But later Monday, Pike's sister, Sharon Cardinal of Auburn, told media outlets that her brother had changed his mind about the transplant after news reports sparked a debate over inmates receiving organ transplants at taxpayers' expense.

The procedure could have cost up to $800,000.

The 55-year-old Pike is serving an 18- to 40-year sentence for rape. Another relative says he recently underwent a triple bypass and would likely die without a transplant.
    About the only smart decision he has made in his life. Oh well hope it's a painfull death jackass.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

It bothers me that this POS was on the transplant list in the first place. At least he turned it down

Comment

18-40 years for raping a 12 year old female? That makes me sick. I really hope this asshat rots in prison.
      Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

Finally, a prisoner with a heart.... er, well, not so much....
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

It bothers me that this POS was on the transplant list in the first place. At least he turned it down
          +10000000000000000000000000000
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I remember hearing about this. What the **** is it with these law maker's and idiot right wingers that feel that tax payers should offer prisoners better insurance than we get.

If these idiot lawmakers were forced to have the same crap insurance that we have and pay for it like we do, I am sure this would never happen.

They are in prison folks...no tv, no internet, basic basic health care, basic bottom of the line food and housing! No wonder they commit more crimes just to get back in.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
              I remember hearing about this. What the **** is it with these law maker's and idiot right wingers that feel that tax payers should offer prisoners better insurance than we get.

If these idiot lawmakers were forced to have the same crap insurance that we have and pay for it like we do, I am sure this would never happen.

They are in prison folks...no tv, no internet, basic basic health care, basic bottom of the line food and housing! No wonder they commit more crimes just to get back in.
              Agreed, we are a lot nicer to them than they ever are to their victims.

Comment

Welcome to NY
                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                    +1

I heard something on the news that around 20 prisoners have had transplants in the past. It's complete crap that tax payers have to pay for someone's operation. Glad he turned it down, heart wouldn't do any good just sitting in prison. Give it to someone who needs one/
                    He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                        I'm sure that triple bypass cost the taxpayer a pretty nickel or so.
                        The state has contracts with hospitals and often (like in Iowa) the hospital writes off the cost of prisoner care as part of their federally mandated indigent care . The cost to the taxpayer is minimal.............supplies and wages of the state employees involved.

Unfortunately once a criminal is placed in the custody of the state, we (the taxpayer) are mandated to take care of that person. This is one of the hidden (and a major player in total) cost of incarcerating the hairballs. Per the SCOTUS the care must meet the same standard as YOU would get if you were sick.

We had a lifer get a new kidney----------------it lasted about 6 months due to his trying to sell his medication to other inmates.-------he finished his sentence shortly thereafter.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We should be smart like the Chinese and harvest their organs instead.

Hospitals may write the costs off but they pass them onto the rest of us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4715 users online. 283 members and 4432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X