300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant/fuel costs

The oil industry has raped this country enough.I for one am sick and friggin tired,of my every breath being dependent on an industry that has BOUGHT every politician elected to help me.We have a glory boy president that handles this rape by saying well it gives us a chance to start looking at alternative fuels. ,OK,than when your wife is raped it will give us a chance to look at alternative ways to dress,correct???,makes no sense? well neither do you.

The first Bush stopped the oil industry rape by threatening to release the reserves,AND IT WORKED,for several years ,and he was one of them.

Food,gasoline,jelly beans,everything is going up in price,the Govt. could care less.We are going to quickly turn into a 3rd world nation,I personally would already classify us as a 2nd.

Here is an idea,lets pass a law that ALL elected officials can only make as much as the "median" income of their constituency.They must live in a double wide trailer(gotta give them at least 1 perk ) buy their own food,insure themselves,vehicle(their own),and home.They must shop for their own food etc.and have no hired help,unless they pay for it.

OK,you say no one would run for office than?? Well I thought they claimed to run because they want to help,not for the money .
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

OK,you say no one would run for office than?? Well I thought they claimed to run because they want to help,not for the money .
    If only the rest of American's who voted could not only read this but understand this post!

+10000000000000000000000000
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

What difference would limiting their salary make? They get plenty of money from other sources. We have the best politicians money can buy.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

The reason gas is so expensive is [predominantly] due to inflation and the dollar's value crashing through the basement floor. It's MUCH more related to the Federal Reserve printing money out of thin air than it is anything the oil companies are doing. That's why EVERYTHING is getting more expensive; because the dollar buys less.
        And, oh yeah, every barrel of oil traded on the futures market? Guess what currency it's bought and sold in.

Also, elected officials shouldn't be paid at ALL. Go back to how it started; serving was a duty, and something you did in your own time. Then, when the session was over, you went home to whatever you were doing before. Salaries, and lack of term limits, are why we have so many worthless Congress-critters in the first place.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

The current administration's penchant for spending, the federal reserve, and the previous congress have really screwed us over well. QE2, where the federal reserve printed money to pump the economy has done more to drive up prices (because the money has no backing) and it's due to end here in June. When that happens, look for the markets to dump. It's not going to be pretty folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
            The reason gas is so expensive is [predominantly] due to inflation and the dollar's value crashing through the basement floor. It's MUCH more related to the Federal Reserve printing money out of thin air than it is anything the oil companies are doing.
            True.

Comment

All I know is that the cost of everything, including the cost to just get to work and back, has gone way the hell up and the pay has either stayed the same or gone down. Something has to change....be it the pay, the cost of stuff (food, gas, car insurance, etc), or our way of living (stop buying the latest iPod, LED screen 3D TV, etc, and just be satisfied with what we have...or better yet, SAVE for the luxuries).

Search for Dave Ramsey for info on how to handle your finances a lot better in these hard times. He sure has helped my family.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

+1000 for Dave Ramsey

Comment

My point is that if you ask anyone why prices are up they "claim" it is because of fuel costs.OK,within the past 20 minutes I went to the store for some dinner rolls.It was a new type that we tried on Easter and Loved them,they cost $1.50 last week so I went and bought 2 to put in the freezer.It cost me $6.82FOR 2 DOZEN,this is ridiculous.Went to the store to get maintenance stuff for my lawn mower,below is what I got:
                  PAPER air filter-15 bucks
                  48 oz bottle of oil-$8
                  1-one-uno-blade for a 38" rider $15
                  1 fuel filter(in line,last year 99 cents) ,$4

$50 freakin dollars to do an oil change on my lawn mower ferchrisake,my truck is do also,what do I do?take a loan???
                  Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I hear ya, Mav....I feel yer pain. I look for those dealership-mailed coupons for a $25 oil change for my car/truck. It's a lot cheaper that way than doing it myself.

I think I need to borrow $25 for gas to get to work the rest of the week. Sheesh.

On the other hand, I've used my tax returns to pay off the truck my son uses and my wife's car. I sold the FJ Cruiser and my 1965 Mustang and bought a daily driver....a TINY daily driver that gets pretty good gas mileage. On one hand, no more off-road fun and no more car shows for a long time. On the other hand, NO MORE CAR PAYMENTS!! That saved me over $600 a month for the FJ and wife's car....my son covered his car payment. After all that saving, I am still having a hard time making ends meet with rising costs of fuel and everything associated with that.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

http://www.connecticutgasprices.com/...By_County.aspx

^^ Gas price heat map for the country.

Here is Hawaii's prices: http://www.hawaiigasprices.com/. I'm sure it's coming our way..

I fill up once a week and it was around 45 bucks for 10 gallons (I have a 26 gallon tank)
                      Last edited by NextGenOfc; 04-25-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

But the Messiah said he is going to create a commission (most likely hire his closest allies) to look into why oil price is going up. Most likely, it will be 2000+ pages long worthless information that no one will ever read and will take 3 years go get it done.

Comment

Obama is playing to the masses who are dumb enough to believe that the high prices are because of a conspiracy among the oil companies.

Miraculously, gasoline prices will go down shortly after QE2 is over and the value of the dollar increases.

Comment

Compared to what my house, car, taxes, insurance costs have done in the last 30yrs gas is almost free.

In 1977 when I got out of high school gas was $1.25/gallon and my car got 10MPG and I got paid enough that an hours wage could buy 3 gallons of fuel.
                            30 some years later, my car gets 30mpg and an hours wage can buy 7 gallons of fuel and my fuel goes 3 times as far. With the extra money I pay taxes so costs for me has not changed.

Comment

There have been alternative fuels for many years. Just look at electric cars. They were being built in the early 1900's when cars first came out. However they just weren't efficient enough back then, but still. Hydrogen, electric, biodiesel, petroleum, natural gas, methanol, steam, solar, ethanol, ammonia, hydro/water, manure/methane, nuclear. The list can go on and on. All can power a car given a new way to power it. You think that they would use any of these though? Nope. It takes away their billion dollar profits. It takes away from the governments taxes. etc.

It doesn't matter if our dollar is worth a penny. There are cheaper fuel alternatives everywhere around us. We invented the engine and use of oil/gas to be used with it. I'm sure we can invent a new one for public use.
                              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6191 users online. 343 members and 5848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X