300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And to think I almost failed my academy for the Driving testing

My best time of this day was 2:16.4, which is enough to put me in the middle of a race grid when I get my race license. This wasn't even my car (it's my brothers, his has all the telemetry gadgets, otherwise I wouldn’t know my times). My car was lent out to a friend.

Yes, there are some sprinkles, but not enough to be any concern.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

That is freaking awesome! What type of car were you driving?
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
      That is freaking awesome! What type of car were you driving?
      He's in a Miata. Not positive, but believe its a 1st gen.

Nice run SVC-Sop obviously much better then when you did your academy test haha! Which track is that? Was it a NASA event? Miata is running pretty strong as well is it N/A?

Edit: Sorry just saw title, Thunderhill I'm assuming. Looks like a nice track!

Comment

Yes, Thunder Hill in nortern CA. Yes, NASA event, I'm running HPDE-4. Yes First Gen Miata (1993). There is nothing left that can be done to this car for the Spec class (a fresh motor might help). We pick up our cars at insurance auctions or from folks that just abuse them. All we want is a stratight tub.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
          Yes, Thunder Hill in nortern CA. Yes, NASA event, I'm running HPDE-4. Yes First Gen Miata (1993). There is nothing left that can be done to this car for the Spec class (a fresh motor might help). We pick up our cars at insurance auctions or from folks that just abuse them. All we want is a stratight tub.
          Very nice, seems as the motor is still pretty strong on it now. Still nice run though!

Comment

you passed those people in the same exact spot lol. looks fun
            Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Throw in a whole slew of side roads,some potholes ,a few deer,possums,armadillos crossing in front of you,grannys with blue hair in front and you have an average hot call run in my area

You do realize that^^ is PURE jealousy talking ,dont youGreat run.
              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
                Throw in a whole slew of side roads,some potholes ,a few deer,possums,armadillos crossing in front of you,grannys ...................
                Oh this activity has given me an absolute respect for speed and laws of physics.

20 years ago I would do silly things like go 70mph in FIRST GEAR on my Ducati, and red lined in 6th gear down a stretch of open highway. I look back on that now and realize I'm 1) lucky no one ever saw me do it. 2) never crashed, and died.

by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfqihqajok4" data-vcode="Lfqihqajok4" data-vprovider="youtube" >

I’ve noticed now that I quasi race and do track days that I’ve opened up my distances between vehicles to the effect I know I have the time to react to a catastrophic event that pops up in front of me. I’ve had it happened on more than one occasion. Deer, coyotes and pheasants still to cross the track from time to time. All one can do is hold the line and step on the gas.

I’m fortunate enough now I know how to make a car stop FAST, and know just what traction limits feel like.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                  by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfqihqajok4" data-vcode="Lfqihqajok4" data-vprovider="youtube" >

Doh! Bad shift piont ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5933 users online. 341 members and 5592 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X