300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise: Neighbor's erratic behavior

I have a 55 yr old divorced recovering alcoholic, on anti-depressant meds, female neighbor whom I distanced myself a year ago after erratic behavior. I hadn't spoken to her, had minded my business the whole time since Jan 2010.

I have lights hanging around my garage door which face the street, as I live at a housing complex. They are unlighted. There is nothing in the association rules to indicate I"m against any guidelines.

She rings my doorbell at 8:30 PM tonight, and in her hand were my lights. She handed them to me. She said, "here are your lights" then when I took them, she immediately turned around and walked back. I got angry. I shouted, "why did you take them down?" and she says, "because they were a nuisance" and keeps walking. I shouted at her "You are crazy!" then slammed my door.

Five minutes later, my phone rings and it is her. She says, "I took them down because they're ugly, and I was going to give you until Easter but couldn't stand it anymore. And as for you calling me crazy, we'll you're the weird duck."

I hadn't had any contact with this woman for over a year and all of a sudden, she removes my property without my knowledge or consent. I can only imagine she used a ladder to remove my lights or yanked it off from the hanging clips.

I emailed the housing association with the facts, that at 8:30 PM, this woman knocked on my door and handed me my lights. Also at 8:45, she left a voicemail, which I've recorded. As there are several houses with lights and other decor, and mention that I find it unusual behavior that she would remove items on my property without consent, and at night, while there are other houses also with various decor.

Seeing as she has had a record of erratic behavior, I don't know how to deal with this. Any advise?

It's kinda scary. She's erratic and unpredictable, and the housing association officers know her well for this.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-20-2011, 10:10 AM.

Wow..that's horrible. Sometimes I can appreciate that most of my neighbors don't speak English. I had one remove cinder blocks to make a fire pit (next to the trees).

I went and took them back and didn't have any further "issues". They subsequently were evicted.

However, for your situation, going on your property to remove anything I would be calling the cops. Especially, if she is drinking on top of taking meds. The next time, especially if she is acting erratic, call them to get a report in and make sure they notice her behavior.

An ex had an upstairs neighbor who was a chronic alcoholic. She was constantly causing trouble..banging on the doors and wondering around drunk. I tried to reason with her and she attacked me in his kitchen. When I "removed her" she actually called the cops on me.

World_So_Cold

Comment

If a person did that to me damaging my property, they would have 2 seconds to run off my property before I punched them in the face. However the fact she's a woman and I don't condone hitting women, I'd call the cops and become a real big nuisance to her calling the cops everytime she's doing anything wrong. I'd make her build up a record.
      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Have you had a chance to check for any damage caused by the removal of the lights? And checked the lights as well?

Knowing what I know from seeing some of the chronic crazy people that cause 415's with their neighbors....go to court and get a civil restraining order. Once it's served you can put your lights back up.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks folks.

I found a pair of broken eye glasses right by the power outlet beside the wall where the decor was. I took a picture. I also captured the voice message she left me. And I will file a non-emergency police report on it.

I put the damn lights back up. Jesus rises up on Easter, so it will stay there until the resurrection.

Comment

put the lights back up... coat the ground below it with an extremely slippery substance... sit back and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              put the lights back up... coat the ground below it with an extremely slippery substance... sit back and enjoy
              then if the woman got hurt on her property, she would sue her.
              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Sit outside in a rocking chair with a shotgun, the problem will cease one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
                  then if the woman got hurt on her property, she would sue her.
                  Not if she was trespassing.

But she is in Cali so who knows

Comment

She is in Cali, I would have expected a drive by shooting already.
                    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I brought a recording of the voice message she left me and two officers listened to it at the PD. They said she sounded intoxicated.

Comment

I'd leave a bottle of Jim Beam on her porch.

Comment

put up a trespassing sign so if she brings them back, you can get a warrant...and while you are there get a protective order. if that doesnt work "release the hounds"
                          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I have family members who are lawyers and my mother is a legal secretary (a lawyer's secretary) - yes, she can sue if she gets injured on your property, even if she's trespassing...sad, but true...

Along with what willowdared said - I'd say if she shows up on your doorstep again, don't talk to her, just close and lock the door immediately and call the police, ESPECIALLY if she's been drinking and/or has caused damage again - if she's a pill popper and an alcoholic, who knows what she's capable of...
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                              I'd leave a bottle of Jim Beam on her porch.
                              +1 That would keep her on her side of the street.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5875 users online. 325 members and 5550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X