300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razors

Just wondering what everyone's anti-facial hair tool of choice is.

I was previously just using Mach 3 or Quattro...whichever one had cheaper refills when I need to go buy new cartridges. But I recently started using a Merkur Double-Edge with Wilson's shave soap and a brush...and I'm never going back to cartridges again. And DAMN sure never using a canned shaving cream.

I've come to the conclusion that shaving is definitely a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Quality blade and real soap is all you need.

(I shaved at 8:00 last night. Now, 16 hours later, I don't have so much as the beginnings of a shadow. Using a "normal" razor and cream, I'm sandpapery within 10 hours.)
    Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
    Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

I use the Mach 3 and caned $0.99 can of shave cream. I'm nice and itchy/sandpapery about 6 hours into the shift. My wife likes it because it feels good when I scratch her back with the stubble.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Fusion Pro Glide over here. Depending on the shave I am about to do, I either shave in the shower and use my shampoo to lather up with or I use this Nivea shave cream if I am shaving out of the sink.

Keep the razor dry between every use. I usually take a blow dryer to mine after I'm done shaving. This will stop or greatly minimize the real cause of dull blades, micro rust. To help curb razor burn, de-sanitize with the blades with rubbing alcohol before each use.

I bought a pack of 8 razors from Amazon at the very beginning of this year and I still have 5 left over.
      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
        This will stop or greatly minimize the real cause of dull blades, micro rust. To help curb razor burn, de-sanitize with the blades with rubbing alcohol before each use.
        I've known guys who stored their razors, blade-down in a glass of vodka between shaves. Said it worked magic.
        (Also, wouldn't "de-sanitize" be making it dirty?

I bought a pack of 8 razors from Amazon at the very beginning of this year and I still have 5 left over.
        Sheesh...that must be nice. A Mach III/Quattro blade lasts me one week of everyday shaving. That's the other big draw [for me] to double-edges; .45 blades instead of $4. What can I say? I'm a cheap bastard.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
          I've known guys who stored their razors, blade-down in a glass of vodka between shaves. Said it worked magic.
          (Also, wouldn't "de-sanitize" be making it dirty?
          Right you are sir, right you are.

Sheesh...that must be nice. A Mach III/Quattro blade lasts me one week of everyday shaving. That's the other big draw [for me] to double-edges; .45 blades instead of $4. What can I say? I'm a cheap bastard.
          Try keeping em dry after every use. I have the guys at work trying my "routine" because we have some guys who go through blades like they're candy. I know mine last and last.
          This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Fusion pro glide. Best razor I have ever used. I tried going back to a different razor to save money on replacement cartridges but it wasn't worth it. I would rather pay the extra money for the pro glide razors. Very comfortable and close shave.
            "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
            Watch your words, for they become actions.
            Watch your actions, for they become habits.
            Watch your habits, for they become character.
            Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

I pluck mine with tweezers and then pour alcohol over my face when done, cause thats how real men do it.

Ok so actually i use whatever body soap or shampoo i have in the shower, and whatever razor is handy. The best shave i've ever gotten was from my wifes vibrant razor, its 4 blades but has a lotion before and after to keep razor burn down. Ive wanted to get my hands on one of the old school straight blade holder and blades, just cant seem to find one here. Havent looked everywhere though.

Comment

I rock the shadow with some wahl trimmer.

If I need a clean shave, I use a quattro.

I gave up shaving with a razor daily because I'm Italian and the hair grows back before lunch

Comment

xsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
                    Just wondering what everyone's anti-facial hair tool of choice is.
                    Me thinks ya soulda' named yourself Muffdiver425....just say'in....

I was previously just using Mach 3 or Quattro...whichever one had cheaper refills when I need to go buy new cartridges. But I recently started using a Merkur Double-Edge with Wilson's shave soap and a brush...and I'm never going back to cartridges again. And DAMN sure never using a canned shaving cream.

Humm,, Wilsons shave soap ehhh....Gunna try dat Mr. worn out accountant
                    I've come to the conclusion that shaving is definitely a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Quality blade and real soap is all you need.

Hummm, where do ya' buy these cases of ain't broke, don't fix it thingy's?

(I shaved at 8:00 last night. Now, 16 hours later, I don't have so much as the beginnings of a shadow. Using a "normal" razor and cream, I'm sandpapery within 10 hours.)

Hummm,,,,, what follows "sandpapery"?, could it be pebblepapery?

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                    I rock the shadow with some wahl trimmer.

If I need a clean shave, I use a quattro.

I gave up shaving with a razor daily because I'm Italian and the hair grows back before lunch
                    Mr. jannino our Bar keep, must be from da' southern part of Italy, maybe even Sicily...
                    And remember!,, "La vita è come un albero di natale, c'è sempre qualcuno che rompe le palle."

Oh yea, Lt. Murf, ( I still like Muff betta'),, dar' was a real long thready thingy about razors, but it was fer' shav'in ones head, no not that head...
                    Da' Admiral
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I have the Mach 3, have tried a bunch of different razors I really don't like any of them that I've tried... the electric razor gives me horrible bumps... I'm going to start using a lawn mower.

Comment

Taylor13, this might help with your teeth as well.
                        R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

I use a Schick Hydro and either Edge sensitive skin gel (if I want a faster, but less close shave) or The Art of Shaving cream with a Truefit and Hill badger brush (if I have more time; allows me to not have to shave for 2 or 3 days). I also have an old school straight razor but don't like using it because it's hard to shave my jaw line.
                          Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Pig View Post
                            Ive wanted to get my hands on one of the old school straight blade holder and blades, just cant seem to find one here. Havent looked everywhere though.
                            You can get a Parker 96R safety razor with 10 Shark blades for $29 on Amazon.

Comment

Razors

Wow, I need to try some of the tips posted here. I am "real old school" with Edge Gel and a disposable Good News razor I guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4991 users online. 247 members and 4744 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X