X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush hosting bike ride for wounded warriors

The Associated Press
    Posted : Monday Apr 18, 2011 19:21:06 EDT

DALLAS — Former President George W. Bush will join 14 people wounded while serving in the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan on a three-day mountain bike ride next week in the Big Bend region of West Texas.

Bush is hosting the Warrior 100, a 100-kilometer (62 miles) ride. It’s part of an initiative of his presidential center to highlight the work of those helping others. Several organizations that support wounded military members and their families will be represented on the ride, which begins April 25 and will take riders through mountains and desert.

The George W. Bush Presidential Center is being built on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas. The center, including the former president’s library, is expected to be completed in 2013.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...e-ride-041811/

GW is the best!!

Comment

I agree with you 2411. Just finishing up his book, he truly loves the men & woman of the armed forces. He has sent to date over 5000+ letters to families of fallen soldiers.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I'm slightly disappointed...I was hoping it was a motorcycle ride.

Really cool, nonetheless.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Has anyone noticed how "haggard" Obama has been looking? Apparently being President is a little more challenging than he thought.

Comment

A HUGE HOOOOOAH to President Bush! Outstanding, Sir....and yes, we miss ya!!
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

God, I love that man. Get some, Mr. President!!

ETA: Love seeing someone exemplify the Marine Corps motto even if he never wore the EGA himself. Semper Fidelis, sir.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                A HUGE HOOOOOAH to President Bush! Outstanding, Sir....and yes, we miss ya!!
                Me TOO!

Comment

How dare he do something that benefits others!

j/k He is a great man. I'll never forget meeting him when I was 12.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Some things I will never forget.

I, like so many others, was very disappointed with his less than stellar performance in addressing the public.

Then September 11th happened and I saw a President get in front of the cameras with sincere and absolute hatred in his eyes. We were at war and he gave the most impressive speach of his life.

As much as I hate to admit it, Obama is a great speaker. But he will never come close to that speach because he lacks the sincerity necessary to pull it off.

+1 to former President Bush. Good looking out.

-V

Comment

Wonder if Barry will be doing this once he's out of office in 2 years....?

Comment

In a Kayne West voice,"Borack Obama doesn't like military people."
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 286 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X