Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handcuffs make great bottle openers! haha

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Handcuffs make great bottle openers! haha

    So while on patrol my partner and I stopped at a store that had coca-cola in glass bottles. I haven't seen it in bottles for years and missed the taste of that cold refreshing beverage. So I gladly bought one and made my way out to the patrol car. Upon driving away from the store I went to open it and sure enough.... not a twist off! Naturally I shout out loud obscenities in the car and I'm angry and frustrated. My partner replies, "what's wrong?" I tell him that I don't have a bottle opener to open the top off my ice cold cola. He shakes his head, chuckles and says, "damn rookies" and proceeds to take his hand cuffs out, fasten it around the bottle top and POPS IT RIGHT OFF!

    All I could do is laugh! But wow, what a great tool and who would have ever known.

    "Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there"
    -Bottom of a White Castle Cheesebuger Box-

    If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck.....it's probably a duck!


    It is what it is!

  • #2
    When I started in the '70s, that was one of the first lessons we rookies were given.

    Comment


    • #3
      I always used the door catch.......
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

      Comment


      • #4
        I bought a buddy of mine (a Marine) a six pack of bottles-- find out later when I give him to him that theyre not twist off!

        Its alright, he uses his belt buckle. He had just come from a USMC function and apparently their dress (not sure which one) belt buckle doubles as a bottle opener.

        A USMC member could probably verify that...
        NYPD
        Exam Taken 10/31/09
        Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
        List Number: 5xx

        PPB
        Exam: Passed
        PAT: Passed
        Oral Board: Passed
        Background Investigation: Ongoing

        Massachusetts Civil Service
        Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

        NPD CSO Summer 2011.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          When I started in the '70s, that was one of the first lessons we rookies were given.
          Go figure... my partner started his career in 77. The golden years of handcuff bottle openers. haha
          "Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there"
          -Bottom of a White Castle Cheesebuger Box-

          If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck.....it's probably a duck!


          It is what it is!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Phouse70 View Post
            I bought a buddy of mine (a Marine) a six pack of bottles-- find out later when I give him to him that theyre not twist off!

            Its alright, he uses his belt buckle. He had just come from a USMC function and apparently their dress (not sure which one) belt buckle doubles as a bottle opener.

            A USMC member could probably verify that...
            ^^True story
            "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

            "Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

            Originally posted by JasperST
            I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

            Comment


            • #7
              My question is did these veteran officers learn the handcuff/bottle opener trick for use on coca cola bottles or Budweiser?
              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

              Comment


              • #8
                ^^Depends on whether you're off duty or not
                "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

                "Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

                Originally posted by JasperST
                I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can use a lot of things to open a bottle. Your lighter, a folded piece of paper, a stick, a table top, a counter, your teeth. You just need leverage.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                    ^^Depends on whether you're off duty or not
                    I don't think it made a difference in the 70's.
                    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

                    Originally posted by Michigan
                    I don't want to sound gay...

                    But I'd do him.
                    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

                    My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                      You can use a lot of things to open a bottle. Your lighter, a folded piece of paper, a stick, a table top, a counter, your teeth. You just need leverage.
                      My favorite is a door hinge. No matter where you are there will always be a mettle door hinge with in several feet.
                      The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

                      Originally posted by Michigan
                      I don't want to sound gay...

                      But I'd do him.
                      Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

                      My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 6729 users online. 353 members and 6376 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X