300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad call yesterday

So I'm on my way home (in the tow truck, I'm on call this weekend) and dispatch sends me to a crash, I get there and four cars are involved. according to the paper DTF (Drug Task Force) found a guy with a felony warrant and proceeded to try and pull him over. the result is in the links below

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110...|text|Umbrella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86NaSWUG6FA

what bothers me, is that it doesn't bother me, two other guys and I did the cleanup and we towed two cars to the PD, and I went on with the rest of my day like its no big deal.

anyway, regardless of the comment section of the online paper, I won't be bashing the officers for doing their job.

Well, it is sad, particularly that there was a pregnant lady involved, and that the guy who died was an innocent person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would imagine that a tow guy such as yourself gets too much practice being around fatal accident scenes. It is not surprising if you develop some professional detachment that defends your heart and mind from feeling things too keenly to be able to do your work.

Just beware that you do not altogether lose the "on/off" switch to your emotions. Any of us can stuff our feelings for a period, so we can attend to business, but you can't stuff them indefinitely and stay healthy.
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

It's not your life and there's nothing you could do to have made it stop in that particular situation. No reason to feel bad. It can happen to any of us at any time.
      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

not sure if anyone is interested but this piece of garbage needs to be buried under the prison.

update: http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110...|text|Umbrella

is there any validity to the idea that they (the LEO's) could've picked a better time to catch him, or a different method? not bashing, just curious.

Comment

Tough call.....fatals are never easy, in regards to the timing of this incident I am sure if the police involved had any idea that it would end up the way it did they would not have done what they did.
          Last edited by The State; 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM. Reason: ,

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
            It's not your life and there's nothing you could do to have made it stop in that particular situation. No reason to feel bad. It can happen to any of us at any time.
            I co sign on this

Comment

I worked for several years as a Supervisor at an EMS Company near Detroit and used to do stress debriefings. What I can tell you is that stress in accumulative. Meaning that this call may bother you more than you think at a later date. We don't get to pick which calls are going to cause us to lose sleep or have nightmares. The best thing you can do is to have friends in the same line of work or others that you can trust to talk about them as they happen. If not, these calls will stack on top of each other and cause you serious problems later. Hope this helps.
              "People don't fail, they give up". - Dale Carnegie

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 337 members and 5562 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X