300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing fantasy sports

Baseball is my favorite sport hands down. I love the game. I can't hit a 20 mph ball let alone a 90mph fastball. I grew up living for ice hockey. I also love the game and can play.

My question is has anyone here ever played on a fantasy team? The St Louis Blues offer a fantasy camp in which fans can play with former Blues players and some current players. I am without a doubt going to it. I think it will be an absolute blast. If anyone ever played on a fantasy team in any sport I am just curious as to their experience.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

the closest "fantasy" i've participated in was a stockcar driving experience at Pocono Raceway. That was a blast, 8 laps around the track, I got that thing up to 165 mph on the frontstretch.

Comment

The closest I've ever gotten to that was a goaltending class taught by Chris Osgood.
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by John0397 View Post
        the closest "fantasy" i've participated in was a stockcar driving experience at Pocono Raceway. That was a blast, 8 laps around the track, I got that thing up to 165 mph on the frontstretch.
        I would LOVE to do that!!!! You lucky sumbeatch.

Comment

Originally posted by John0397 View Post
          That sounds awesome! I would love to do a racing "camp" like that one day.
          Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
          The closest I've ever gotten to that was a goaltending class taught by Chris Osgood.
          Ozzie! One of the most under-appreciated, under-rated goalies ever.
          This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

The Oakland Athletics have the same thing. They play in Phoenix,Arizona for a week to two weeks. Actually one of my friends works for them and I want to try it out but I may wait until I am 40 years old to do it. I am on a quest to go see all the ML ballparks first.

http://www.hendersonbaseball.com/ath...athletics.html

I say go for it!!!
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
              Back in high school I attended a hockey school that was hosted by some of the current players and draftees of the Minnesotta North Stars.

That was a very intense two weeks and a blast. It is incredible what a player can learn when taught by the pro's. When I went back to my team my A game was in full force. How I long for the age to be able to be full into sports again!

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
                The Oakland Athletics have the same thing. They play in Phoenix,Arizona for a week to two weeks. Actually one of my friends works for them and I want to try it out but I may wait until I am 40 years old to do it. I am on a quest to go see all the ML ballparks first.

http://www.hendersonbaseball.com/ath...athletics.html

I say go for it!!!
                The St Louis Cardinals put on the same camp. It costs bank so I am going to have to wait a little. I will eventually attend it though. I am going to hog the plate so I can get the pleasure of some chin music ala Bob Gibson!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4782 users online. 284 members and 4498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X