300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back problems

At work I was unloading the truck doing stock and what not. There's boxes of beef that are only like 80lbs. Never had a problem lifting them before and I don't even see it as a lot of weight. Now last sunday I was taking it off of the conveyor and grabbed it by the strap. When I did this it almost snapped and dropped down about a foot from the level I was holding it which caused me to bend over slightly real sudden. I told my manager my back went out and felt pain I'd say comparable to a headache. Last night and all of yesterday I felt severe pain all over my back. It's kind of hard to pinpoint the exact spot. It's getting to be really painful now. I can't bend over without hurting or making a grunt noise. Now when I was in the bathroom looking at my back to see if anything looks out of place I noticed something. When I look forward, I feel no pain. I can bend side to side and feel some pain. The pain comes when I look down and I feel it all in my spine area in the midback and lower back. So painful that it forces me to look up.

I don't have medical so I can't just go to the hospital. I don't have the thousands of dollars for an MRI.

What do you think is wrong? Pulled muscle? Pinched nerve? etc... I'd like to wait a couple weeks and see if the pain goes away. If not then I know I'll have to go to the hospital.
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Having taken a disability retirement on orthopedic injuries and knowing pretty much what you are feeling, let me suggest this is not something you want to screw around with.

If you were injured on the job your medical bills should be covered by workers compensation insurance. First thing in the morning, remind your supervisor of the accident you reported and tell him that the pain from it is serious enough that you need medical treatment now. He should prepare an employer's First Report of Injury (or whatever they call it in your state) and send you to a worker's compensation doctor who should treat you without charge.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Alright I'll do that when I see him tomorrow
      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Yes, make sure you do all of it (paperwork, seeing a doctor) in the alloted time. I'm not sure but I thought I heard someone mention that each of these are all very time sensitive in order for you to be covered.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Update: I went to the ER last night. Figured it was a pulled muscle but the pain never went away which had me worried so I stopped ''being a man'' about the pain and went. They said it's all good and nothing but a strain and I should be fine in a couple more weeks if I continue to do light duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11334 users online. 401 members and 10933 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X