300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m so ticked off at banks.

OK, so I got charged $2 to use an ATM that wasn’t my bank's by the bank that owned the ATM. That’s fine. I get it, it’s not my ATM.

So now apparently I am being charged $2.5 by Wells Fargo because I didn’t use their ATM.

So imagine you buy a car, and are charged an additional fee by the manufacture every time you take public transportation.

UN F-ING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My industry sucks

I work for a credit union now, so we’re not nearly as bad, but this all happened because the feds forced banks from charging certain fees and now they are just making all sorts of other stuff up.

So now it will cost like $5 every time you don’t use your ATM.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

That's not because of the new regulations. My bank has done that for years. A fee from the bank who owns the ATM and a fee from your bank for processing the transaction. Maybe your bank recently added that, but mine has had it all along.

Comment

My bank was formerly Wachovia. Recently changed to Wells Fargo. They have started charging a $2.00 ATM fee. It used to be free. Time to change banks.
      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Stop using cash.

I use a check card. It acts like a visa or mastercard..... it just takes the money right out of your checking account.

Comment

Change to a Credit Union.

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          Stop using cash.

I use a check card. It acts like a visa or mastercard..... it just takes the money right out of your checking account.
          Pretty much all ATM cards are the same ^^^^^^^ You can still get charged by some banks to use their ATM's
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
            OK, so I got charged $2 to use an ATM that wasn’t my bank's by the bank that owned the ATM. That’s fine. I get it, it’s not my ATM.

So now apparently I am being charged $2.5 by Wells Fargo because I didn’t use their ATM.
            My credit union used to not charge you for using any ATM. They would also refund up to 3 transactions a month that other banks might charge. Last summer that all went away, now if you use a non-coop ATM, they will hit the same as everyone else.

Really ****es me off. Other than customer service (and I have direct deposit+online bill pay so I don't talk my credit union at all) they are really no different than banks anymore.

Tip, just go to the grocery store, buy a pack of gum and get cash back A lot cheaper than $5 :P

I'm definitely considering switching to Nationwide (they have my investments) or USAA, they probably aren't any better than the credit union, but at least I haven't been getting "guess what, we are going to screw you even more this year. But hey, we are cool, we are a credit union, so we are cool... look at us be cool, we have our member meetings at a minor league baseball stadium, ignore the fact we are screwing you just the same as banks" letters from them.
            Last edited by Dingo990; 04-14-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Exactly why I refuse to use a debit card. I told them do not even issue me one I will not be using it.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Its only going to get worse from here with banks. Yes some banks had these charges prior to the new regulations but every bank is going to start doing what ever they can to get more money. Feds will step in again, amend the regulations and banks will still find a way to charge you more fees. Worst part is banks continue to give people with terrible credit and even worse credit histories money while they make good customers pay for it by increased fees and interest rates.

Comment

I gave up on banks well over a year ago,I had a 10k certificate of deposit,at 4%,came up for renewal and they offered me a whopping 1%,,let me get this straight,you are going to hold onto my 10k for 1 year and not let me touch it,THAN you are going to lend MY money to strangers and charge them anywhere from 12-36 % APR,and throw me a 1%boneI dont think so,I moved it immediately.I know $100 is better than nothing BUT,there is the principle to the thing.
                  Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

USAA charges no fees on their checking account if you have direct deposit, charges no fees for outside ATMs AND REFUNDS the service charge from the ATM for i believe it is 15 transactions a month at an ATM. Im not sure on the limit as i only use a ATM maybe once or twice a month, but sure enough come the end of the month USAA deposits into my account the service charges the ATM charged me!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul554 View Post
                      USAA charges no fees on their checking account if you have direct deposit, charges no fees for outside ATMs AND REFUNDS the service charge from the ATM for i believe it is 15 transactions a month at an ATM. Im not sure on the limit as i only use a ATM maybe once or twice a month, but sure enough come the end of the month USAA deposits into my account the service charges the ATM charged me!
                      +1! I've had USAA for years and also have my insurance through them. Any time I have had a problem, they are friendly, helpful, and will even call you back if the call gets dropped or messes up. I had Bank of America before them and they sucked! Put one of my checks into someone else's account and didn't want to return it, didn't close out an account when I told them to, and sent me to collections after closing the account... with a zero balance!
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Typically I just use the get cash back option at stores as this processes no fee.

Comment

F banks. I only put enough money in the bank to cut checks for home expenses. Everything else is cash.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4300 users online. 241 members and 4059 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X