300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I met Ruby Rose Today

I'm pumping gas this evening on my way home from work and all of a sudden the lady on the opposite side of the pump gives me a rash of shi- for not turning my car off. Now I am looking all around thinking No way is this happening. Whose messing with me?

Sure enough she proceeds to keep it up and warning me that she will take my plate down and report me to the police. Now if it were not for Officer.com I would have been quicker on my response and told her what she could do with herself. But instead I stood there frozen, wondering how I can work in " Are you Rubey Rose from officer.com

Well the moment passed she told me how bad of a person I was, wrote my plate number down and left I still don't know if it was or not. All I know was I was punked and left speechless. I am ashamed of myself

PS

So far no Officer's have come to the house.

For newer members

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t-gas-stations
    Last edited by jcioccke; 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

hah that is pretty funny. She was/is so adamant....ya should have called her out. Her community policing...is really hearsay so I doubt any coppers will show up at your house.

Speaking of where is ms ruby rose?
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

That's the thing I was speechless, I am never speechless. To the point I have talked my way to the couch many nights. This woman shut me down and I was just speechless Funny now but I felt at the time confused and kept looking around for a camera.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
        Speaking of where is ms ruby rose?
        She is not here, and lets leave it at that.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Before I read this I figured it was over the gas pump. To top it off you should have called the woman retarded. If it was Ruby "giant thorn in my side" Rose she would have had a stroke.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I thought gas pump too when I saw it. Be thankful that you didn't get whacked with a cane with her claiming indecent liberties or something.

Comment

She had alot of health problems.....that's all.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Well if the NY fire marshall bans fueling with a running engine then she is technically correct lol
                Life is what you make of it

Comment

All the pumps around here have signs that say no smoking engine off. Also it's illegal to leave an unattended vehicle running unless you fall within one the exemptions, such as a lawfully installed and operated remote start. So if you get out of your car, and especially if you walk away from it to pay, you're in violation of the law, and you might get your car stolen, even if you have a spare key or remote to lock it while the key is in the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                    All the pumps around here have signs that say no smoking engine off. Also it's illegal to leave an unattended vehicle running unless you fall within one the exemptions, such as a lawfully installed and operated remote start. So if you get out of your car, and especially if you walk away from it to pay, you're in violation of the law, and you might get your car stolen, even if you have a spare key or remote to lock it while the key is in the switch.

Ummmm Uhhhhhh Ummmmm Uhhhhhh Sire Major,

we'z got a problem den'z....Da' Trig ain't gunna' take a lik'in ta' be'in conked on da' head cold....or fer' dat' matta'.....be'in told he cain't stick a hose up his butt.....He gunna' kick da' hell outa' da' Admiral if he reads dis', he is....

P.S. Yaz' betta' send some, and i mean alot of dem' sweet carrots ours' 'away's....
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

If I'm leaving the vehicle to perform a task I always turn it off, I'm very uncomfortable with leaving it on with no one at the controls.
                      Life is what you make of it

Comment

Isn't a sure way to bring her back is to create a thread in her honor? I remember from browsing in the past that the mere mention of her name when she's been gone for a while is like a doper relapsing. She comes back and comes back hard.

Comment

Was she short, fat, brown hair. You already have the loud weird and annoying down. If you have the rest it may have been her.
                          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Has there EVER been a case of a car igniting because somebody was pumping gas with the engine on? I'm pretty sure Ive heard that it is impossible - same with the cell phone thing.
                            If you continue looking back at where you've been, that's where you'll keep going. Look forward to where you want to go, and you will find yourself there soon enough.

Comment

The Military has been fueling vehicles for god knows how long with the darn thing running, they call it a hot fuel, yes there has been a few accidents over the years, but in all of them I was unable to find where the fuel caught fire as in the scenario that Ruby is so concerned about.

As far as the run in with ruby, sir my only advice is get a good quality bottle of Bourbon, a good cigar, and enjoy in mass quantities by the time you pass out from the Bourbon you will have forgotten all about your meeting.
                              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4199 users online. 201 members and 3998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X