300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres'

A sophomore at a local private high school thinks an effort to make Easter politically correct is ridiculous.

Jessica, 16, told KIRO Radio's Dori Monson Show that a week before spring break, the students commit to a week-long community service project. She decided to volunteer in a third grade class at a public school, which she would like to remain nameless.

"At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that," Jessica said.

She was concerned how the teacher might react to the eggs after of a meeting earlier in the week where she learned about "their abstract behavior rules."

"I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay," Jessica explained. "She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat 'spring spheres.' I couldn't call them Easter eggs."

Rather than question the decision, Jessica opted to "roll with it." But the third graders had other ideas.

"When I took them out of the bag, the teacher said, 'Oh look, spring spheres' and all the kids were like 'Wow, Easter eggs.' So they knew," Jessica said.

The Seattle elementary school isn't the only government organization using spring over Easter. The city's parks department has removed Easter from all of its advertised egg hunts.
    In Seattle????? You don't say!

How can an egg be a sphere?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

A couple of years ago my department wanted to have a Christmas party. Then one person said they would not go if we used the name Christmas, so the they changed the name to a winter fest party. Well to say the least I did not attend out of protest along with several other people. There have been no parties since then.
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

The 'politically correct" weirdos in this country never cease to amaze me.
        "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          I'm not good at geometry. But if you're gonna go for something moronic, at least leave the name of it in the term.

Comment

They are definitely misleading the kids when they are calling egg-shaped things 'spheres'. That'll screw 'em up good! I'm glad the kids knew they were Easter eggs though, and not spring spheres........
            Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

/Thread over in one....

Comment

PUSSIFICATION!!!!! PC, touchy feely, "we dont wanna hurt anyones feelings", CRAP!

suk it seattle and the rest of you PC a-holes! Youre killing our culture
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

We’re talking about the US educational system here. It’s always been spheres.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                  - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

The actual mathematical description is an oblate spheroid. So, it should be a Spring oblate spheroid.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

And you know, Easter doesn't occur in spring in the southern hemisphere. It occurs in fall. So now these kids have a jacked-up sense of shapes AND the world climate.

So to be accurate, they really should be late April oblate spheroids, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        And you know, Easter doesn't occur in spring in the southern hemisphere. It occurs in fall. So now these kids have a jacked-up sense of shapes AND the world climate.

Let's not forget they need to have a tofu option as well.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                        - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

So, basically, in order for everyone to be happy, they need to be referred to a April, painted, hard boiled, hidden oblong spheroids, which have a symboloism in the Christian faith eggs

I was thinking of moving to that area of the world, but screw you Seattle, you bunch of puzzies.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Easter much like Christmas, due to commercialization has lost almost all connotation of anything remotely religious. So to all the pussies in Seattle go eat your nuts, twigs and Tofu, grab a Starbucks and let the kids have fun. Besides your hippie *ss is anything but religious so quit acting butt hurt.
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post

Except when they're late March oblate spheroids ... or early April ...
                              Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5530 users online. 309 members and 5221 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X