300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf Ears

What will young people dream up next? Have any of you run into anyone that has done this? I think I need to pay attention to people on the Metro.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/surg...trend-13317282
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

No anesthetic! A tat artist as a body sculptor? uh, no thanks. It's one thing to get a tat or piercings, I have both, but I'm thinking looking like Spock is crazy.
    I had one patient that had his canines elongated into fangs. He looked weird and he had a lisp. It was hard not to giggle at the Goth with the lisp.
    Originally posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
    It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

You know what gets me about this?

Let's say you have it done, and it goes well, and heals up, and by gosh, you have elf ears! When someone notices that you have elf ears, and asks about it, it is not like you can say, "Yes, Arwen is my second cousin, I am one of the Eldar."

Nope, you're going to be saying, "Yeah, well there's this guy who'll do surgery on your ears for $600-- hurt like heck and made my Mom crazy, but aren't they cool?"

And you're still NOT AN ELF. It's an affectation-- and that will be the unavoidable conclusion as soon as the topic comes up.

I do understand folks caring how they look, and having a personal style-- and I happen to be a Lord-of-the-Rings, Trekkie-type person. But I would find it embarassing to have my sense of style be so compelling as to drive me to surgically alter my ears to look like a fantasy creature.

Ah, well. That's what makes the world go 'round, I guess.
      We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
      but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Goodness gracious. As if goth and emo wasn't bad enough. Now this.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

This is ridiculous! I like Lord of the Rings and stuff like that, but seriously? This is a whole new level of stupidity.
          Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

^^^^^^ You know it's bad when Darth Maul's brother bust your chops!!

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
              ^^^^^^ You know it's bad when Darth Maul's brother bust your chops!!
              Seriously!! People may view my paint as a little far out, but WOW!!! Actually paying and permanently screwing up your ears to look like elves?
              Pursuing the dream.

Comment

I just don't understand. What is this so called person going to do in 20 years?
                It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

I'm happy the way the good Lord made me. NO piercings, tattoos or pointed ears for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post

I just don't understand. What is this so called person going to do in 20 years?
                    Looks like she'd fit in well, maybe as a gang leader, in the futuristic trash cultures like in Total Recall or the slums of Coruscant in Star Wars...
                    Pursuing the dream.

Comment

Flash Forward......

It's 2019...

New thread in "Ask a Cop"

"Hi, I only did Bath Salts 9 times in college and I have Elf Ears. Can I get hired..."

M-11
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                        Seriously!! People may view my paint as a little far out, but WOW!!! Actually paying and permanently screwing up your ears to look like elves?
                        Not busting chops my friend! Darth Maul is one bad*** dude. I am a HUGE fan of STAR WARS. Lucas struck gold when he came up with the Darth Maul character.

Comment

I completely and wholly agree, man. He is my number one favorite character from all of the movies, comics, games, anything you can think of! Dude was insane - Ray Park did fantastic acting as him also. Seriously disappointed when he was killed and didn't come back. I would definitely like to see Maul clones with tattooed faces walking around in real life than people with elf ears - of course that's all opinion though
                          Pursuing the dream.

Comment

Sorry, jj, I cannot resist...

Last edited by Chaplain Keppy; 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM. Reason: to correct a typo
                            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
                              wtf is that
                              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 362 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X