300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So damn proud

Another post reminded me of what happened the other day at my sons school. My son has this bully in class. This kid thinks it is acceptable to treat other students like **** while demanding they treat him with respect.

I have had numerous conversations with my boy on the topic of fighting. He knows I hate violence but I sure as heck believe a person is allowed to defend himself. I also appreciate a person who stands up for a person who is being wronged. All of us have seen video of a cop or a stanger being battered while a group stands by and does nothing.

A couple days ago I picked up my son from school. He had some anxiety. I could see it in his face. I asked him what happened and he related the following story.

The bully in his class decided to walk up to another student, also in my sons class, and punch him in the face. As soon as this happened my son ran up to the bully and tackled him. He took him straight to the ground and ended the fight right there. The bully told my son he better get off of him before he gets hurt. My son responded "you better look who is on the top and who is on the bottom." My son did not go overboard. He simply saw a kid in need, a kid who is very introverted and in all reality will not defend himself, and acted in an appropriate manner. My son, Nicolas, ended the fight and when the threat was over he stopped.

One of the teachers asked Nick what happened and was given the explanation. The teacher responded that he didn't want Nick around the bully for a week. When the week is over the teacher gave him the order to apologize to the bully. I have a couple issues with this teacher. I think he means well but we don't see eye to eye on a few things. I send my son to a private school. The rules are very strict. I appreciate that but not everything is in black and white. The teachers at his school know I am not the father of a son that believes the son is always right. If he messes up I will address the issue and Nick is very good at correcting the behavior.

I am not one for bucking teachers. They have a tough job to do. I told him he did no wrong and if the teacher approaches me and tells me my son was in the wrong I will let him know where I stand on the issue. I told Nick we don't want to disobey the teacher so if he insists that Nick apologizes for his action Nick is to tell the bully "I am sorry that you put me in the position to take you down but if you do it again I again will react in the same manner."

Being a dad to my son is the greatest joy in life.
    Last edited by pujolsfan146; 04-05-2011, 11:57 PM.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Awesome story. Good for him. I was always bullied and picked on growing up myself. In 7th grade, I was the waterboy for the football team. One of the players, a lineman (obviously I was smaller) was a bully and we had a class together. EVERY DAY, I dealt with this little dooche. One day, in the middle of class, we were putting our books up, he got in my way and squared up on me. I ignored him and tried to get past him, and he shouldered me back. Naturally, his little cronie was behind him smiling. I can't remember if I pushed him or if he pushed me first, or even if anyone pushed anyone. But I remember one thing. I stared that little mfer in the eyes, reared back and punched him square in the jaw. Naturally, it didn't hurt him, but it stunned the hell out of him. His little cronie reached over the bully's shoulder and shoved me in the shoulder, but quickly shrinked down as I glared at him with my hand in a fist and cocked again. The class was probably more astonished than i was as they sat there shocked. The teacher only looked up at us as we started wrestling. We got sent to the office, and not a dang thing happened. The assistant principal told me I can't go around hitting people, and told the other guy he can't pick on people. That was it.

It was also the last time I got bullied growing up.

I don't advocate violence in schools, but half of growing up is learning how to deal with being bullied and being picked on. I believe, to an exent, that many of these kids killing themselves, and shooting up schools is a result of coddling these kids when they are young. Life is not hunky dory. You will deal with trials, people that want to prey on you, people who want to turn you into a victim, and general life unfairness.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

In many school the punishment for fighting of any kind is suspension of both parties involved. It sounds like the school Nick attends knows about the bully and is glad Nick stood up to him. By the lack of punishment Nick received, I think the teacher may be looking for your son to apologize for breaking the "no fighting" rule, and not for putting a bully in his place, your advised apology sounds spot on.

Did the bully get in any trouble for hitting the other student? That should be where the punishment begins IMHO.
      When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Comment

Your 3000 post brother still sits with me .. Like father like son is what I think of reading your post. What a good boy and that comes from a good role model. As parents we take all the blame and are too modest for the good.
        I have to say your teaching your son the right way to be a man. This will carry on to his children one day.

Regardless, I understand the frustration with the teacher and your son. I think your boy (from what I read) would understand your feelings without using that as an excuse to "pit" the teacher and you against each other.

The bully told my son he better get off of him before he gets hurt. My son responded "you better look who is on the top and who is on the bottom."
        LMAO too funny. That shows a better level of maturity than most his age. Hell better than most my age if in that situation.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

What does Nick say about having to apologize? Can he be given the opportunity of not apologizing and taking the suspension? I don't understand the message and I foresee the confusion they are going to create; if not with Nick than with another child. It's right to stop a bully...but we're going to make you apologize? How do you apologize to someone for their being an *** and deserving of more than they got.

Regardless, you're aware of everything mine has been through, so you tell Nick that 'we' said thank you.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
            ..... if he insists that Nick apologizes for his action Nick is to tell the bully "I am sorry that you put me in the position to take you down but if you do it again I again will react in the same manner."

WTF! I wouldn't apologize one damm bit for doing the right thing. Personally I would tell him to kiss my rebel ***! But you Yankees do as you please.

Seriously though... good kid you got there!

IMO apologizing to the bully would tell the bully he did nothing wrong.

Comment

Your son did honorable thing by stepping up to help his classmate. I sure want my son to step up and do what your son has done if something like that ever happens.

As to the teacher asking your son to apologize to the bully, that is just a load of C R A P! If anything, that bully and his parents should be making rounds and apologizing to everyone.

If this happened to my son and he was asked to apologize to the bully, I'd go tell that teacher and the admin to go _________ themselves.

Comment

Do you apologise to someone you've arrested? Why should your son have to apologise for doing the right thing? I'd tell the person who told your son to apologise to the bully that they had better apologise to your son for being an IDIOT. NEVER! and I mean NEVER apologise for doing what is right.
                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

outstanding, Nick....just outstanding.

The apology....BS. The way you advised Nick should apologize if it comes to it.......PRICELESS! and, if it comes to it, then it should come only AFTER the bully apologizes to the kid he hit...which of course started the entire thing.
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I was small for my age AND I was a year ahead in school. This meant that when everyone hit puberty I was still a little kid and got beat up nearly every day (I started high school at 12).

One day I had enough of it and took on a guy a good foot taller than me. Got my butt publicly kicked and my nose broken (I still can't breathe out of the left nostril). However, no one ever touched me again.

Sounds like your kid has a good head on his shoulders. He did the right thing even though he got in trouble for it. You're clearly doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by TeachMe View Post
                      In many school the punishment for fighting of any kind is suspension of both parties involved. It sounds like the school Nick attends knows about the bully and is glad Nick stood up to him. By the lack of punishment Nick received, I think the teacher may be looking for your son to apologize for breaking the "no fighting" rule, and not for putting a bully in his place, your advised apology sounds spot on.

Did the bully get in any trouble for hitting the other student? That should be where the punishment begins IMHO.
                      I don't have children but whenever I get updates from my brother and his wife about what life is like trying to school my adorable 8 and 10 yr old nephews, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. And here's an example - no fighting of ANY kind? Does that mean if I were 16 and a mean girl and her cronies came up to me and started punching me, pushing me down, or hitting me because I managed to make Honor Society, or her bf looked at me the wrong way that I couldn't hit her back? This is typical liberal idiocy which translates to the same liberal idiocy behind our relations with the rest of the world. Weakness invites aggression. It's the most basic rule of the jungle. I think we should give your son an honorary medal, Pujol, because when we cease to have kids and adults that standup to bullies like this, than we might as well just hang the white flags out now. I don't even know you, but am really happy you and your son exist.

Comment

One more thing F-that with Nick saying sorry. Noticed I left that out there.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
                          WTF! I wouldn't apologize one damm bit for doing the right thing. Personally I would tell him to kiss my rebel ***! But you Yankees do as you please.

Seriously though... good kid you got there!

IMO apologizing to the bully would tell the bully he did nothing wrong.
                          x2.
                          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                          Not Yet Visited: 16
                          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

The teacher is an idiot. His/her dumb-*** kum-by-a attitude is a pretty good illustration of what's wrong with this country today. Your young man was 100% correct. He had the guts (notably absent in the teacher) to address the situation, and take no more action than was absolutely necessary. If there's a suspension involved,(and why isn't the bully being suspended?) my thought would be to take it. Whole lot of totally incorrect messages being sent in today's society, and the dumb *** teacher is a good example of what I'm referring to.

Comment

Great story pujo! I too am proud of Nick for his actions! Wonder what happened to the kid the bully punched

Did the bully apologize to him?
                              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2671 users online. 149 members and 2522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X