300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked today. I was kind of bummin about it because my buddies warned my to be very careful to avoid the dry socket. It is starting to get warm now and the thought of being cooped up when I should be outside taking walks and playing catch with my son is a real buzzkill.

My doctor game me percocet. Wow. This is the first time I have ever taken that stuff. Talk about taking the edge off. It works so good I think I shall partake in a nice big fat juicy porterhouse steak!

Anyway. Nothing big here. Just very pumped that my head and jaw isn't throbbing.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Dry socket is a bitch.....rinse with warm salt water..
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I assume you were put under for this procedure? A friend of mine had his yanked and honestly after hearing all the stories from various people it is the reason I am glad I didnt do....

When I was 14 I went to the Orthodontist. He wanted to pull out all four of my wisdom teeth and than break my jaw, move it forward and then wire my jaw shut. He said this would do in a few months what another Orthodontist was going to do over the course of a few years.

Why did you have to have them removed? Mine are staying exactly where they are.....
      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
        I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked today. I was kind of bummin about it because my buddies warned my to be very careful to avoid the dry socket. It is starting to get warm now and the thought of being cooped up when I should be outside taking walks and playing catch with my son is a real buzzkill.

My doctor game me percocet. Wow. This is the first time I have ever taken that stuff. Talk about taking the edge off. It works so good I think I shall partake in a nice big fat juicy porterhouse steak!

Anyway. Nothing big here. Just very pumped that my head and jaw isn't throbbing.
        Uh oh, Pujol, I hope you have more luck than I had. I only had one wisdom tooth pulled a few months ago and it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced....and my chiro tells me I have a really high threshold for pain. The percoset didn't work for me, and a cop friend of mine recommended I alternate motrin with the percoset....and that did help me....but hope day 2 for you isn't as bad as my day 2 was.

Comment

Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww! Oww!
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

You are back!!! I missed you!!
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I had all 4 of mine out at once when I was 19. It was done in the oral surgeon's office. My sister took me home as I couldn't walk straight, let alone drive. I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later with this God awful throbbing in my jaws. I remember looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, "who beat me up?" I had bruises on my face and neck from the procedure.

To the OP, just eat soft foods till they heal. Keep the areas clean and whatever you do, don't use a straw to drink liquids, it puts pressure on the sutures.
              Originally posted by JasperST
              "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
              It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                I assume you were put under for this procedure? A friend of mine had his yanked and honestly after hearing all the stories from various people it is the reason I am glad I didnt do....

When I was 14 I went to the Orthodontist. He wanted to pull out all four of my wisdom teeth and than break my jaw, move it forward and then wire my jaw shut. He said this would do in a few months what another Orthodontist was going to do over the course of a few years.

Why did you have to have them removed? Mine are staying exactly where they are.....
                I went for the knocked out and asleep process. I remember the doctor coming in right before they started and asked me what I had for breakfast. I told him I didn't eat and he responded "good, that is exactly what I wanted to hear." He stuck an iv in my arm and put a gas mask around my nose. I have been under the knife plenty of times but this time it was different. After sucking on the gas for a couple minutes my body felt very weird. I have never had that happened and it gave me a little bit of anxiety.

I was told a few years ago by my dentist that I should have them yanked but I never got around to it. One of them broke so I had a referral to the surgeon and he told me I should probably just get them all taken care of at once. He did give me the option of having two of them taken out and a couple weeks later having the other two taken out. I decided to have them all taken out at once so I could get it over with.

So far so good but I am being obsessive about not getting a dry socket. The procedure was done at 0830. So far all I have had for meals was 3 protein shakes. I have never drank so slow in my life. I could not believe all the blood!

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                  Dry socket is a bitch.....rinse with warm salt water..
                  That is what the doctor told me as well. I will be doing that and doing it very gently!

Comment

Originally posted by Susan99
                    I know what you mean. Mine took years to come in. Then one of them broke, and the dentist advised that there was no point in saving a wisdom tooth - have it extracted, no big deal. So I made myself an appointment with the oral surgeon. When I arrived at his office, they read this lengthy disclaimer, which basically says that all sorts of bad things, including death, could result from the extraction. (!!!) Then they tell me what my dentist forgot to say: no, we really don't pull just one wisdom tooth; it's the custom to pull them in twos. (!!!) At this point I am incredulous. Then the tooth breaks while they're pulling, and of course they're using these big pliers. Unbelievable. (At the end, though, I drove myself home. I guess no one felt like coddling me that day.)
                    If I was there when you had it done I would be all about coddling you! By time all was said and done you would have been telling me to get the hell away from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                      I had all 4 of mine out at once when I was 19. It was done in the oral surgeon's office. My sister took me home as I couldn't walk straight, let alone drive. I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later with this God awful throbbing in my jaws. I remember looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, "who beat me up?" I had bruises on my face and neck from the procedure.

To the OP, just eat soft foods till they heal. Keep the areas clean and whatever you do, don't use a straw to drink liquids, it puts pressure on the sutures.
                      I am drinking nice and slowly. I looked in my mouth but I can't seen any sutures. All I can see is big gaping craters.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                        I am drinking nice and slowly. I looked in my mouth but I can't seen any sutures. All I can see is big gaping craters.
                        I had sutures, but I suppose you could do without them.
                        Feel better and heal quickly!
                        Originally posted by JasperST
                        "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                        It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

what

did you get from the tooth fairy ? percodet is a drug. get off it. deal with the pain. the kind of pain you have will not last long. so the drug is not worth it.
                          break censorship chains

Comment

Had mine done 2 years ago. Only 1 though. The nurse was new and didn't numb my mouth right and the dentist didn't know til after. When he pulled, I've never felt that much pain before in my entire life. Tears literally flew out of my eyes and I couldn't speak. I had to be put on large amounts of drugs for a couple days. The next day was my first day of Senior year in highschool. Couldn't miss it and I went stoned out of my mind off whatever drug he gave me to take. Lets just say teachers thought I was crazy and students thought I became mental over the summer. I'll never forget just sitting there in art class staring at the walls and the art teacher came up and said ''Why aren't you doing your project?'' I slurred out ''I can't draw! I'm on drugs right now.'' And she said ''Well that's something you shouldn't tell the whole class'' and everyone was looking at me laughing. I have two that are impacted and should be taken out, but i'm honestly scared to go back lol.
                            Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

i was outside playing soccer the next day in the backyard....got reamed out by dad for that one when i was 16
                              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5766 users online. 341 members and 5425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X