300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Rollerblade?

I just bought my first pair this afternoon during lunch. I have always wanted to try it and I figured no time like the present.

Any tips?

Any funny stories? etc
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

I don't, but this dude does.....

This Space For Rent

Comment

I've bladed since I was about 14. Can you ice skate? Or downhill ski? If so, you'll find it pretty easy. Keep in mind that stopping is different, and I've never been able to turn as sharply.

Going over sand or through small puddles, keep your feet down, bend your knees a bit, and just roll through. Don't try to push...you'll get no traction and may fall.

Rotate your wheels periodically...like tires on a car, they will wear unevenly. Check and grease your bearings when you do this. Depending on how many miles you put on, you'll also need to replace your wheels occasionally.

Have fun!!

Comment

Thats great advice, of course you know that first time thugh samd when I go down I will then rememeber this post lol
        MDRDEP:

Comment

I hope you got gel wheels they really make a big difference.

Comment

I look extremely ridiculous on those bike shorts/spandex so I chose not to do Rollerblading.

Comment

You know what the hardest part of rollerblading is?

Telling your friends you're gay.
              I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                You know what the hardest part of rollerblading is?

Telling your friends you're gay.
                I'm pretty sure your friends don't care whether you are one or not. J/K

Comment

roller blades? seriously? you realize you posted this on the internet? have you notified your BI that you roller blade? It should be an instant DQ!

Comment

Make sure you got the right type of wheels for the roads you're going to be skating. If they're nice and newly paved you could get wheels that are a bit harder but if it's bumpy chewed up asphalt then softer ones are you're best bet. I suggest if you haven't skated before, wear your skates when you're watching tv or around the house and walk on carpet with them a bit so that your feet can get used to them and help you break them in.
                    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

That's great advice, thanks. Thank God we have the Marines....
                      MDRDEP:

Comment

Question: Do you roller blade while wearing knee pads and listening to a portable CD player?

Follow up Question: Is the song that you're listening to called "Its Raining Men?"
                        Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 04-06-2011, 04:52 AM.

Comment

The day I wear spandex is the day I need someone to just come over and beat the shi- out of me. Men should never be allowed to wear them.
                          MDRDEP:

Comment

Question: Do you roller blade while wearing knee pads and listening to a portable CD player?
                            LMAO No and NO
                            MDRDEP:

Comment

Most rollerblading I do anymore is in the parks that have lots of hills unless I'm playing roller hockey. Knee pads are a must if you're just starting out but you can wear them underneath a pair of sweatpants if you don't want to look dorky.
                              "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                              I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3581 users online. 189 members and 3392 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X