• Show
Clear All

• Ireland

Anyone been? Pros/Cons

Dublin/Kerry/Galway/Limerick etc...
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

no, but i wanna....
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Yes. Went in the summer of '09. Extremely expensive to begin with then there is the VAT tax on everything.
      We tried to travel like we do here with no reservations (except in Dublin & Gougane Barra). They have no equivalent of a AAA book so it was tough.
      Hotels: the price per night was per person, no exceptions! $170 per night seemed ok until it was doubled & taxed.
      Do not drive! Find a good tour group & go that way. Driving, the drivers & the roadways are insane. Never really saw a sign that said the equivalent of: "Disneyland, 3 miles ahead, exit 349". Missed many an exit & drove in circles a lot. Even our updated GPS was wrong. Their roundabouts are sometimes difficult. The most white-knuckle trip I have ever taken.
      For us it rained at least once every day. I really liked Dublin & County Cork.
      As I recall Limerick was described as a slum & a local told us to avoid it. so we did. Don't kiss the Blarney Stone, the locals pee on it.
      The Guinness is like nothing you have every tasted here. They save the best for themselves! Tastes like a milkshake.
      Hope that helps!

Comment

lol @ the locals ****ing on blarney stone
        Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
          Yes. Went in the summer of '09. Extremely expensive to begin with then there is the VAT tax on everything.
          We tried to travel like we do here with no reservations (except in Dublin & Gougane Barra). They have no equivalent of a AAA book so it was tough.
          Hotels: the price per night was per person, no exceptions! $170 per night seemed ok until it was doubled & taxed.
          Do not drive! Find a good tour group & go that way. Driving, the drivers & the roadways are insane. Never really saw a sign that said the equivalent of: "Disneyland, 3 miles ahead, exit 349". Missed many an exit & drove in circles a lot. Even our updated GPS was wrong. Their roundabouts are sometimes difficult. The most white-knuckle trip I have ever taken.
          For us it rained at least once every day. I really liked Dublin & County Cork.
          As I recall Limerick was described as a slum & a local told us to avoid it. so we did. Don't kiss the Blarney Stone, the locals pee on it.
          The Guinness is like nothing you have every tasted here. They save the best for themselves! Tastes like a milkshake.
          Hope that helps!

Yeah we heard about the blarney stone...LOL...

Looking at a travel group tour...it's Dublin/Kerry and Galway

What do mean a VAT tax on everything?
          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
            What do mean a VAT tax on everything?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...alue_Added_Tax

Comment

I haven't been back to Ireland in about 10 years. Do see Dublin, Kerry and Galway. I suggest a tour as they will get you to some absolutely gorgeous places and save you some dollars on the hotels. Do see the area around Blarney castle though, it's absolutely beautiful, just don't kiss the stone! lol
              You'll love the pubs and the pints. The Guinness is wonderful there, nothing like you get here.
              Originally posted by JasperST
              "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
              It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

just go

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                Anyone been? Pros/Cons

Dublin/Kerry/Galway/Limerick etc...
                there. drink your milkshake and bop a couple red flamed haired chicks and get the hell outta there before angry micks finds your butt. j/k btw, see if you find the town of greenlaw. check it out. lots of cheerful people but quick temper so be polite. haha have fun.
                Last edited by pfchell; 04-02-2011, 05:52 PM.
                break censorship chains

Comment

Thats too bad about the taxes and the high prices. Ol Crass may have to save up a bit more now.
                  Perhaps the red heads and the Guinness would be worth it though...mmmmmmmmmmmm
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I was there a couple years ago with a buddy of mine. We didn't make any plans or reservations at all, just flew into Dublin, rented a nice Saab convertible and just drove! We headed to the west coast first and stopped in Galway. Our room overlooked a gorgeous cobblestone street closed to cars. Then drove through Limerick, Cork, cliffs of moher, and eventually made our way back to Dublin several days later. Stopped at the Guiness factory in Dublin. For 15 euros you get a tour and free pint. We never had any trouble finding a hotel room. I didn't find prices on anything very expensive, it was pretty reasonable, even the rental car, only a couple hundred euros for the week. People were nice, food was great. I'm already planning another trip.

Comment

awesome info as usual peoples.....going to the Navy/Notre Dame game and a Guiness Brewery and Jameson Distillery tour is included.

I will pass on the red heads and keep my brunette though
                      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

I've been a few times and going back this summer... my wife's family is Irish, so we always stay with them in the Port Laios area, or this summer in Mountmellick, which is just down the road from Port Laios. I enjoy seeing the historic sites - ruins of castles, monestaries, ancient graveyards, etc. I also enjoy the beer, particularly Kilkenny Ale, a beer you can only get in and around Kilkenny, Ireland. The Cliffs of Moher are a must see, in my opinion, as well as Dublin and Clanmacnois. There's so much more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. I'd get a good guide book, but personally, I hate guided tours. I'd tour on my own not in a group. Also, if you're inclined, I've heard the best way to see Ireland is by bicycle.

If I was to take a tour, I'd do it by bicycle. My second choice would be by boat. Years ago, all of Irish commerce was shipped in canals (thus, the inland Port Laios for example). You might be able to find a tour of the inland by boat in their canal system. That would be truly unique. I haven't looked through it, but this might be a place to start.

Comment

Your probation officer is cool with letting you leave the country? But better yet Ireland is ok with letting you a registered sex offender into their country? Personally I think he is just going so he can have the up close and personal pat down by TSA.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                            Thats too bad about the taxes and the high prices. Ol Crass may have to save up a bit more now.
                            Perhaps the red heads and the Guinness would be worth it though...mmmmmmmmmmmm
                            Red heads yes, Guinness Ewwww you can have it.
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by hopperja View Post
                              I've been a few times and going back this summer... my wife's family is Irish, so we always stay with them in the Port Laios area, or this summer in Mountmellick, which is just down the road from Port Laios. I enjoy seeing the historic sites - ruins of castles, monestaries, ancient graveyards, etc. I also enjoy the beer, particularly Kilkenny Ale, a beer you can only get in and around Kilkenny, Ireland. The Cliffs of Moher are a must see, in my opinion, as well as Dublin and Clanmacnois. There's so much more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. I'd get a good guide book, but personally, I hate guided tours. I'd tour on my own not in a group. Also, if you're inclined, I've heard the best way to see Ireland is by bicycle.

If I was to take a tour, I'd do it by bicycle. My second choice would be by boat. Years ago, all of Irish commerce was shipped in canals (thus, the inland Port Laios for example). You might be able to find a tour of the inland by boat in their canal system. That would be truly unique. I haven't looked through it, but this might be a place to start.

Its a tour group but not guided tours at all....they do have the football party for everyone set up but basically they've set up the rooms and travel to the hotels/cities.....other then that you are 100% on your own to do whatever you want.....
                              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5316 users online. 331 members and 4985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X