Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor burns Koran, 12 dead so far...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-terry-jones/1

On CNN's John King USA show Friday night King said he had a "lengthy interview" with Pastor Terry Jones, who has presided over burning the Quran earlier this month. But viewers will never see King's interview.

Describing the tape, King says he reminded Jones that this fall -- after international, interfaith outcry over Jones' plans to burn a Quran on the anniversary of 9/11 -- the pastor told King he would "never burn the Quran."

Jones had been well warned about the potentially lethal repercussions to U.S. and international forces in the Middle East if he did burn the Islamic holy scriptures.

And then he did it anyway, with a reporter from Agence France-Presse present whose story went world wide.

Reaction traveled below the radar initially, until the photos of a burning book turned up on Jone's Dove World Outreach Center web site -- a site that gave a church of 30 people a worldwide presence as an online provocateur.

And now, as Jones was forewarned. People have been killed in the angry aftermath. A mob charged a U.N outpost in Afghanistan and as many as 12 were killed.

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-terry-jones/1

On CNN's John King USA show Friday night King said he had a "lengthy interview" with Pastor Terry Jones, who has presided over burning the Quran earlier this month. But viewers will never see King's interview.

Describing the tape, King says he reminded Jones that this fall -- after international, interfaith outcry over Jones' plans to burn a Quran on the anniversary of 9/11 -- the pastor told King he would "never burn the Quran."

Jones had been well warned about the potentially lethal repercussions to U.S. and international forces in the Middle East if he did burn the Islamic holy scriptures.

And then he did it anyway, with a reporter from Agence France-Presse present whose story went world wide.

Reaction traveled below the radar initially, until the photos of a burning book turned up on Jone's Dove World Outreach Center web site -- a site that gave a church of 30 people a worldwide presence as an online provocateur.

And now, as Jones was forewarned. People have been killed in the angry aftermath. A mob charged a U.N outpost in Afghanistan and as many as 12 were killed.
    Yes, I'm #@#% irate. As I just mentioned in another thread, I will go to great lengths to protect people's freedom of speech, unless it explicity hurts others. Given he had been repeatedly warned of the consequences, he should be held responsible for those deaths. Stupid M'er F'er.

Comment

We discussed this on this site, back when the first burning was scheduled for September 11. A member had asked advice about taking part in a counter-demonstration.

Going ahead with it was a lamentable decision.
      We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
      but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

We should air drop him onto the city square in Mazar-i-Sharif
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
          Yes, I'm #@#% irate. As I just mentioned in another thread, I will go to great lengths to protect people's freedom of speech, unless it explicity hurts others. Given he had been repeatedly warned of the consequences, he should be held responsible for those deaths. Stupid M'er F'er.

What?

That idiot pastor said stupid stuff, but he didn't kill those people.

It goes to show how idiotic both sides are.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
            What?

He did a bit more than say stupid stuff.............................
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
              What?

Touche, HEDP. But I didn't say he killed them. I said he should be help responsible for them. You can drive a truck through the size of the hole I left for the interpretation of "held responsible." That can include boycotting, public shame, financial harassment, dragging him into court under some "perceived" illegal activity the same way a lot of innocent people get unfairly charged and have to pay lawyer bills, build an alliance of people willing to pay for a billboard ad shaming him...... my list of choices can get very creative......

Comment

Boy, HEDP, don't even get me started with ideas of how to make him pay. Try putting the family members of those killed on both the conservative and liberal networks and see what happens when you get enough Americans incensed.....here's a case where I bet all sides would come together to oblige a cause.....

Comment

Of all the world's major religions, only Muslims respond to perceived insults with murder. That has significance.
                  "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                  But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                  "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                  We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Boy, HEDP, don't even get me started with ideas of how to make him pay. Try putting the family members of those killed on both the conservative and liberal networks and see what happens when you get enough Americans incensed.....here's a case where I bet all sides would come together to oblige a cause.....
                    Unless something has changed, all of the fatalities are UN personell and local police. They wont exactly be going on TV here.
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                      Of all the world's major religions, only Muslims respond to perceived insults with murder. That has significance.
                      Now now.....dont be pointing out the obvious.
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                        You have a point there, HeadDoc, but that's not the point of this issue. Setting that issue aside, there were a multitude of calls made to this idiot by govt officials and others of some stature warning him it was going to hurt OUR troops, our soldiers, our allies. He obviously didn't give a sh** about our troops.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                          Unless something has changed, all of the fatalities are UN personell and local police. They wont exactly be going on TV here.
                          It's only just begun. And secondly, when you're in battle zones, you take the deaths of your allies just as angrily.

Comment

You have a point there, HeadDoc, but that's not the point of this issue. Setting that issue aside, there were a multitude of calls made to this idiot by govt officials and others of some stature warning him it was going to hurt OUR troops, our soldiers, our allies. He obviously didn't give a sh** about our troops.
                            Well, you have a point......but, we are not going to subvert our constitition to spare their feelings.....and so far, it has not affected our allies.....that will probably happen sooner or later

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                              Now now.....dont be pointing out the obvious.
                              LA DEP, you and HeadDoc make valid points....but my point is that these things spread like wildfire....just as many things in the Middle East spread like wildfire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6615 users online. 356 members and 6259 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X