300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Pilots Here....

There are old pilots, and then there are ........well, watch the video and make up your mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZrUm3QweE

Dag. How could someone with such poor SA be a pilot? Though she did have a rough choice between the trees on the left and wires on the right.

Comment

Yowzie!!

Can't believe the people were just standing there watching as the rotors started....those blades have to kick up sheeot on the road...once it started lifting off and heading for the lines...poof...gone!

Seems like a bad place to LAND in the first place!
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

There's gutsy flying and getting lucky, and the arrival was just the latter. Upon the first look at the video it struck me that the pilot was pretty stupid to land in such a tight space. The fact that there wasn't a serious incident was just damn lucky.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Not sure how serious the incident as far as needing a chopper pick up.BUT,as a non pilot, wouldnt it be safer to say"OK,got my rotors going good,no problem lets go straight up at least 100 feet and THAN,lets try a turn .
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
            Not sure how serious the incident as far as needing a chopper pick up.BUT,as a non pilot, wouldnt it be safer to say"OK,got my rotors going good,no problem lets go straight up at least 100 feet and THAN,lets try a turn .
            You try to take off into the wind. It's not uncommon for helicopters to go into a hover, turn into the wind, and then continue to take off, which I'd guess is what the pilot was doing. Only problem is, he/she must have forgot about the wires and other obstructions. (Looks like there was almost a tail strike on that white sign or whatever it is, too.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3003 users online. 155 members and 2848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X