Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Has Your Houses Value Depreciated?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought mine in '99 and it's assessed at (according to the county... LOL) $50k more. It's dropped down at bit but the taxes are more than ever.

Comment

it's sad, but here the city council is talking about raisiing the property tax rate, but because of the decline in my assessment I will pay less in property taxes even at the higher rate.

Comment

Lost about $40,000 in equity, but still above what I paid.
        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Calee- 1993 I bought my 975 sq ft house for $145K.....two years ago they were selling like hot cakes for $615K...I sold it last year for $340K.

Should have sold it two years ago and rented....should have moved my Def comp into "safe" mode....shoulda woulda coulda.....sheeeott!

Bought here in the NY woods for $140K in 2005........can't touch one with lakefront for less than $400K. Wouldn't part with this for anything...
          Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-30-2011, 11:13 PM.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I paid 76K 15yrs ago it would bring around $120 today.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              Even with the housing market in the tank, 200K MIGHT get you a fixer upper somewhere deep in the hood here in SoCal. Average price for a house in a decent area is 400K plus in the LA area.
              yeah... my great uncle's place in CA was not as nice as my mom's $60k house (about the same sqft wise) yet it was a $250k house out there. that was before every middle schooler became a "real estate agent" in the 90's and things got truly insane. the current adjustment had to happen since that kind of market can't sustain. with ever-increasing taxes, cost of living, job migrations and more, it can't be a good feeling being caught there without an out.

retirement planning is best when done in advance. i waited too long so can't retire until the house is paid off in 2017.
              Last edited by Bounce; 03-31-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I bought my brand new home last year... I belive it has increased in value
                Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
                  Just curious how bad this economy is hitting everyone because I looked up my houses value according to Zillo today and wow was I shocked. In the 3 years I have lived here it has dropped 28% which amounts to $75,000. That sucks for me but in the past 6 years its has dropped over $300,000 . This economy blows!!!!
                  Dropped around $50,000 since I bought it 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
                    Just curious how bad this economy is hitting everyone because I looked up my houses value according to Zillo today and wow was I shocked. In the 3 years I have lived here it has dropped 28% which amounts to $75,000. That sucks for me but in the past 6 years its has dropped over $300,000 . This economy blows!!!!
                    After 11 and a half years of paying on it.. the county says that as of now we are at just about what we owe on it! WooHoo!!!! Michigan Rocks!!!
                    it is What it is

Comment

Northern California - Parents bought house brand new in 1987 for $125k. At height of housing boom few years ago, valued at $525-550k. Today value is around $250-300k.

Comment

My son lives in the Coachella Valley ( La Quinta, Palm Springs, Palm Desert etc). There are beautiful luxury homes in closed gated communities on world class golf courses that 3 years ago the homes were selling for 3-5 million dollars....Now you can buy some of the homes for 800k to 1 million....These are homes up to 5000 square feet on 1 acre lots with every luxury amenity you can imagine.....The forclosure rate is unbelievable.
                        Retired LASD

Comment

i bought a foreclosure a couple years ago for 500K.. it's worth about 975K. the guy was a builder who borrowed against it like crazy.. the bank has since been shut down by the FDIC. i practically stole it. it was strictly for an investment.. i will be flipping it soon so i can move and be settled before my little one starts going to school

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5557 users online. 335 members and 5222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X