Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Has Your Houses Value Depreciated?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Has Your Houses Value Depreciated?

Just curious how bad this economy is hitting everyone because I looked up my houses value according to Zillo today and wow was I shocked. In the 3 years I have lived here it has dropped 28% which amounts to $75,000. That sucks for me but in the past 6 years its has dropped over $300,000 . This economy blows!!!!
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Mine has dropped a lot, but is still valued higher than when I bought it. I'm good....for now.....
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I bought my house in 1976, 2600 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, on 1/4 acre. for a whopping 48,000. house was paid off in 1994... During the height of the housing market I probably could have sold my house for about 725-750k. On todays market 500k would be about what I could expect to get for it...
      Retired LASD

Comment

My house has done the opposite. The value actually increased 20.8% over 2 years. I guess the economy in my area hasn't been hit as hard as everyone else.
        "Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs."

Comment

I house I just purchased was at the 850K+ plus mark a few years ago.

Lets just say I got it at a considerably lower price than that!
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

WOW! You richie riches are amazing. I can't imagine anyone on a "public servent's" (me included) salary buying anything over $150-$200k with any expectations to actually DO anything other than pay down their mortgage for the next 30 years. Even $200k seems steep unless the spouse is in a professional career and being the primary bread winner and no kids. Once you get north of $200k how does anyone keep a liquid year's worth of salary in a savings acount for emergencies (over and above setting aside 25% toward retirement, utilities, insurance for cars/home/etc.)?

Built it new in '92 for $75k (2200 sf without counting the attached garage, 4 br, 2 bth, "ranch house", brick 1 story, blah blah blah).

Got up to about $150 right before things tanked. Last I checked it was no less than $130 iirc.
            Last edited by Bounce; 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
              WOW! You richie riches are amazing. I can't imagine anyone on a "public servent's" (me included) salary buying anything over $150-$200k with any expectations to actually DO anything other than pay down their mortgage for the next 30 years. Even $200k seems steep unless the spouse is in a professional career and being the primary bread winner and no kids. Once you get north of $200k how does anyone keep a liquid year's worth of salary in a savings acount for emergencies (over and above setting aside 25% toward retirement, utilities, insurance for cars/home/etc.)?

Built it new in '92 for $75k (2200 sf without counting the attached garage, 4 br, 2 bth, "ranch house", brick 1 story, blah blah blah).

Got up to about $150 right before things tanked. Last I checked it was no less than $130 iirc.
              Even with the housing market in the tank, 200K MIGHT get you a fixer upper somewhere deep in the hood here in SoCal.

Average price for a house in a decent area is 400K plus in the LA area.
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Our area hasn't dropped because of the economy, it's more because of the immigrants that come, rent, and **** all over the place.

Comment

I rent so it don't much matter the value of my place.
                  It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

In CA things are WAYYYYY higher than in the good ole midwest. The same house retired remarked on would probably go for @ $200K plus around here. Cost of living differences.
                    A few years ago, San Jose cops STARTED at $90K...around here $38K plus

My house can go down in value all it wants...less taxes. I wont be selling anytime soon, so it should not affect me negatively. I have a feeling things will perk back up after this administration leaves office, so NOW is the time to BUY if you can afford it
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                      My house can go down in value all it wants...less taxes. I wont be selling anytime soon, so it should not affect me negatively. I have a feeling things will perk back up after this administration leaves office, so NOW is the time to BUY if you can afford it
                      That where my problem lies. I bought the house pre ca cop layoffs with the intention of getting out of the military and getting hired. I had my in with the pd and everything. Then the lay offs and no jobs and i am due to transfer summer 2012. Heres to hoping the detailer is kind.
                      R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

The value of my house has gone down 12% in the past 4 years. Oh well....like crass cop said, not selling it so I'll just pay less taxes.
                        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I bought my little townhouse for $49,500 in '98, it went up to an assessed value of $131,000 a few years ago, the next fiscal assesment is around $122,000

Comment

Bought a foreclosed property 3 bed 2.5 bath 2500sq ft for 98k... Zillow rates it at 148k. Realistically I could flip it for 135k right now.

So no decrease here.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                            After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Mine hasn't changed much................but is actually up.

Of course the 6 acres in the country-----------------25 miles from a 250,000 population center------is very attractive. There is a housing development right across the road from me

In the development the lots run about $60,000 for 1.2 acres BARE lots.

I bought the house and 3 acres in 1990 for $30,000.............then put 80,000 into remodeling. And bought 3 more acres..................
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 365 members and 5907 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X