300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a helmet

Forgot to tell everyone that we did get our house. So we are in the process of moving. Today was the last few big items to move and with Mrs Red at work I called one of the guys I work with and he came over to help me move our combined washer and dryer. I had already loaded it onto the moving cart and we started lifting it into the back of my pickup. I was in the box lifting on the cart handles and he was down below lifting the bottom. Since nothing is easy with me we had planned this weekend to move because the weather was improving, Friday dumped snow on us, and Saturday, so today it was overcast but no snow. Well the plastic pickup box liner was my down fall. As the washer/dryer unit started to come into the box my feet went out from under me. Score washer/dryer 1 me 0. 1 broken nose, a 8 cm gash on the bridge of it, and a soft ball sized knot on my forehead, but hey my Oakley prescription frames didn't break my face did. Needless to say Mrs Red wasn't happy, I went to the ambulance barn for first aid and my butt chewing. Again I think I should have to wear a helmet.
    Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
    I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
    Originally posted by weinerdog2000
    as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Just explain you did it all for her, knowing she wouldnt part with familiarity, otherwise you would have left the POS for the new owners to deal with. How bout a little appreciation for the effort ?

Comment

Ouch :-\ Hope you heal up quickly!
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
      and I'm not sure about the former.
      -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new house! Ouch on the broken nose. I've been there, it sucks. If you're in the same area as me and Nebraska-deputy, shoot me a PM if you need more help.
        Whatever hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed.
        Some minds are like concrete...Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
        01 CVPI - Former OKCPD gang unit #0113129
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3037005
        http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/russrad25/6c.jpg http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...4-832889-1.jpg
        My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!
        ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sounds like you need to wear a little white helmut and ride the small bus to school.

Ok JK......I am happy to hear you got your house and that you are going to be ok.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Ah the fun of moving....tomorrow the broken nose will prolly turn into black eyes!

Ya didn't dent the washer dryer did you? Glad you got the house of your dreams.....have fun...be careful damn it!
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5578 users online. 315 members and 5263 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X