300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
    I've always thought fishing was boring until last Friday... I was sitting in my tech class and since I'm the only one in, I can watch tv... so I had outdoor channel on. I'm going to go to Bass Pro and pick up some stuff and get out there.

Anyone have tips or tricks they'd like to share?
    Have you ever been fishing before?
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

I was introduced to fishing when I was 5 years old (or even earlier) by my grandfather and my dad. I can't wait until my kids get older so I can start taking them with me and my dad to fishing trips. Luckily, my wife loves fishing as well, so it's not an issue for me to go fish.

Taylor, don't go too crazy buying stuff. Just get very basic stuff and learn from local fishermen/women (and add on stuff later on as you learn). Enjoy and show pictures of fish!

Comment

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Uh, yeah. Fishing. See my name.

'Nuff said.

"All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever
          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

The ability to tie a quality knot will save you lots of time, hassle, and money.

Also, I would recommend starting out with a good spin cast before you spend $200 dollars on a bait cast that you don't need.
            Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

I totally agree with the above statement. ^^^
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever
              Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
                Have you ever been fishing before?
                I have been a few times here and there, I know how to fish and all, just don't have a rod or anything anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post

Ever tried the TA 312 field phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                    I have been a few times here and there, I know how to fish and all, just don't have a rod or anything anymore.
                    Don't go and buy the "best" or most expensive rods, reels and stuff. Get the inexpensive stuff to start with.

I just went fresh water fishing last week. The fishing was lousy, I only caught two very small Bass, probably spent $50 for gas, had to buy a new paddle $15 (old one broke), three day FL license $17, hats and other small tackle about $15 or more. The pull rope on my troller motor broke (used to unlock and pull the troller out of the water) on the other side of the lake. My nephew bought the bait. That was a SOB to get it up so I could use the outboard motor. Oh and the sun was blazing!
                    Even with all that I'll go again.

I too recommend trying salt water fishing.

BTW if you do go in a boat make sure you take a PFD with you! I've drove up to a lake, got ready to back the boat into the water and remembered I left my PFDs at the house, about 100 miles away! None of the bait tackle shop with in the vicinity had them. Talk about a ****ed off SOB!

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post

HummmPh.... Da' old and tried Dupont spinna'....To damn expensve....

T13 just mix 30% by wieght of <600 mesh AL ( I like german blackhead) and 30% Potassium perchlorate ( KCIO4, fold on a non acidic piece O' Paper if humidity is low.... ( keeps da' ESD down)..

Plug one end of a 3" X 7/8" spiral wound pyro tube, drill hole in da' middle, Insert pre-cut 1.5 " visco fuse ( I like da' double layered stuffy).... Ya'z can use some nitrocellulose lacquer mix fer' watertight'ness" den',,,,charge comp 70% full or so by volume,,, insert plug in da' otha' end side,

Whammo!!! ya's got a home brew dat' will cause "floaters" fer' a 25 foot radius...

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Ever tried the TA 312 field phone?

Again Officer WS.... Dat' will werk, specially if ya got's a old field "dinamotor"'...But why bother call'in in artillary????

Just use plain old AC outta' da' homestead.... tie both wire ta' da' two conductors and jam inta' da' dirt stuffy... them blasted werms will come popp'in out like ma' penis ablaze I say!!!

Dab Blasted, I's gunna' Take da' T-13 Noodle'in, dat' a real mans game..
                      Last edited by asullivan; 04-01-2011, 02:18 AM.
                      Originally posted by mookster
                      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                      Originally posted by CityCopDC
                      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

All I do when fishing is rust hooks. I can't figure it out. I'm an old farmboy and can't fish for crap. I can have the exact same bait or spinning tackle or jig the guy has next to me. He's killin them. I can't even get a nibble.

I like dirt fishin. Here is my fishin pole.

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          They just built a brand new store in Des Moines a couple yrs ago. I haven't had a chance to stop -------might have to do that soon.

I do however go to Cabela's in Praire Du Chien every once in a while.

I don't hunt, I don't fish, I don't camp----------but I love that place.
                          ++1000000 Cabela's is a GREAT place
                          Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                          --Squirrel

Comment

I love fishing. I prefer fresh water to salt water. Nothing better than a cooler of cold ones, a chair to lean back in and the silence. LOVE the silence. After I was born Daddy realized he wasn't going to have a son, so I became the fishing/hunting partner. Those hours spent with my Daddy are precious and life long memories.
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Best advice I got from my Dad: Always look for the hook, and never open a can of worms if you're not going fishing.

Comment

That's not about fishing, though, Scott.
                                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4529 users online. 264 members and 4265 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X