300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DACP View Post
    I have been banned by my wife from Bas Pro; she has threatened me with divorce if I go in there again……….you know on second thought there is a sale on some stuff that I want…
    how does the song go..."i'm guna miss her."
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Some Buddies and I use to get up real early (who am I kidding we never went to sleep) and drove out to the beach, we'd fish at the docks they have set up on the intercoastal. The best time to go was when the High Tide rolled in about 1:30 -3:30 am. We had the same routine every time, stop at the same midnight quick stop and grab drinks / snacks ; hit up the 24 hour walmart and grab frozen shrimp for bait, then the fishin started!
      Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

I have been banned by my wife from Bas Pro; she has threatened me with divorce if I go in there again……….you know on second thought there is a sale on some stuff that I want…
        NO, you can not stay at my place...well just for one night wont hurt I guess, but I get to date your wife

As far as fishing, you need to get a license, and as you are getting that grab one of the state fishing guides, read it know what it says nothing sucks more than getting busted fishing for something you had no clue about. ease into the sport you can throw down a ton of cash for all kinds of stuff, just start simple, and build from there. AND above all TAKE YOUR DAD WITH YOU, it is the best time to just hang out the memories will last a life time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
          I'm a fishing fanatic. I spent a couple of hours out at a nearby lake this morning, catching Bass and bluegill. My favorite types of fish to catch and eat though are crappie, catfish, and trout. I try to hit the lake at least once a week, but in the last week, I've been fishing 3 times.
          Why did you take a picture of bait fish?
          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
          But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
          "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
          We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Fishing is my greatest passion in life. I consider myself a master fly fishermen with over 50 years experience.. I only fish for trout and have fished in all the western states and Alaska.. I think nothing of spending 500-600 for a flyrod, and I have 5 different flyrods..

There is nothing more peaceful than being on a mountain river, stream or creek trying to entice a trout to take your carefully presented fly, and after catching a beautiful rainbow, brown or the fantastic California Golden Trout, letting it go to catch another day...

The most important day of the year is April 30,,, the opening of fishing season in the California high Sierras...
            Retired LASD

Comment

If and when I get married, the wife will have to ban me from my heaven on earth...

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
              how does the song go..."i'm guna miss her."
              Gotta love Paisley..

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              Fishing is my greatest passion in life. I consider myself a master fly fishermen with over 50 years experience.. I only fish for trout and have fished in all the western states and Alaska.. I think nothing of spending 500-600 for a flyrod, and I have 5 different flyrods..

There is nothing more peaceful than being on a mountain river, stream or creek trying to entice a trout to take your carefully presented fly, and after catching a beautiful rainbow, brown or the fantastic California Golden Trout, letting it go to catch another day...

The most important day of the year is April 30,,, the opening of fishing season in the California high Sierras...
              Jeez that's a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                Anyone have tips or tricks they'd like to share?
                Dear Taylor;
                Make sure that you have a boat that's big enough.

Sincerely,
                This Space For Rent

Comment

I took up fishing after getting bored watching my husband fish. Then I tried fly fishing (high Sierra's also) & love it! Before you get too involved go to a fishing store & sign up for a class. Definitely worth it. And carry a gun...bear like to fish too

Comment

Originally posted by deputymel View Post
                    yeah i see! fishing!!!!
                    You, sir, need to lay off the alcohol when posting on O.com.

Comment

My young friend:

Remember - there is no such thing, as a bad day of fishing. EVER!

Drown some worms, wet some flies, and escape.

Fish tremble at the sound of my tackle box. Welcome to my world.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                        Why did you take a picture of bait fish?
                        Pretty much what I was thinking,,I love salt water fishing,but live in an area where most everyone does fresh water(lotsa ponds,creeks,rivers),what they consider big,I consider bait
                        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by ice_fog View Post
                          AND above all TAKE YOUR DAD WITH YOU, it is the best time to just hang out the memories will last a life time.
                          +1
                          Any time a father and son can interact like this is worth it, no matter the activity, the spending of time is what is inportant.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

don't you live near the ocean? head out to the local pier and do some fishing...

or better yet, try to do one of those excursions that take you deep sea fishing

be warned though.. once you fish in saltwater, you'll never wanna mess with a lake

Comment

On my bucket list is a marlin. It will be soi.
                              The All New
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Mainly catfish anymore, but havent had the time to go as much as I like over the last few years due to work, scheduling, kids, etc. Mostly off the shores of lakes and ponds.

Taylor...get it now while you can and attempt to make the time when there seems like there is none. I truly is a great time
                                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5406 users online. 323 members and 5083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X