300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gall Bladder Removed

Had my gall bladder yoinked yesterday, pretty sore and out of it today. Had a 3.1cm stone they took the whole thing. Wondering, has anyone else had stones or the bladder removed? If so what was your recovery time and any complications with food afterwards? Thanks in advance.
    Ask'em, tell'em, show'em.

Had my out several years ago. It takes awhile to recover. I started walking on the treadmill the very next day just to keep moving and heal faster. It took over 30 minutes for the mile. I would say I recovered on about a month or two. The only food complication I had was early after the surgery, trying to eat a steak, set me back about a week. Wait awhile before trying really fatty foods. I have no problems now. Keep in mind that you had an organ removed, not a major one but and organ none the less.

Comment

I have issues with my gallbladder, although I still have it. Main thing is, I can't eat fatty foods without consequences (like throwing up the fat, ew), so I just avoid them. If I'm going to eat something fatty (eg something with lots of butter, red meat, etc), I take digestive enzymes beforehand. Most health food stores will carry them...I've mostly used enzymes derived from pineapple or papaya. I don't know if the science behind it is solid, but it seems to help.

Comment

Had mine removed years ago. The surgery itself was all arthroscopic and I healed quickly. I was a bit tender for a few days, but still worked the day after the surgery. Haven't had any problems at all since, but I do try to keep my red meat consumption down a little more than I used to.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Hope you have a fast recovery.

Comment

I heard getting your gall bladder today is a less complicated surgery then it was years ago. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

If it was done laparoscopically, people with normal pain tolerance are usually doing pretty well in about 2 weeks. You will probably get diarrhea if you eat fatty foods because you can no longer digest fats as well and they pass on through.
              "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
              But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
              "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
              We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

I was out for a week. Then I went on limited duty for a week and then back to full duty. So basically two weeks to I felt good enough to go back on the street. I always had a week stomach when it comes to food so I can't give you any good info for that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3611 users online. 210 members and 3401 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X