Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you try to back out of this bet?

Ok, so about a week or so before the NBA trade deadline I bet my friend $100 that the Utah J*** would NOT make the playoffs this year. He bet they would. He did however put a clause that would allow him out of the bet. I agreed to this. He said that Darron Williams, the J*** star player at that time, had to stay healthy for the remainder of the season. Then go figure one week later D-Will gets traded to the New Jersey Nets. Up to this point he has stayed healthy and the J*** are just about out of playoff contention. I asked him when he could get me that $100 and he said "I figured you would forget about the D-will clause of the bet," To which I replied, "D-will is still healthy,"

He is now trying to say that what he meant was that D-Will had to be able to and actually playing for the J***. In his mind D-Will getting hurt and him getting traded are essentially the same thing because as the star player he is/would no longer be playing for the team.

I feel he is trying to get out of the bet on a technicality by what he "meant" by adding the clause, and not by what he said and what I actually agreed to. All that being said, he is unwilling to pay me the $100 and I am fine with that because I am not going to let $100 ruin our friendship. I have decided to let it go. I just wanted to see what some objective 3rd party people had to say.

We have agreed to go out to the bar and spend a minimum of $50 on ourselves, because he said if he won he was planning on buying us tickets to a playoff game and I was planning on taking him out for his 21st birthday lol.

So, what say you?
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6195 users online. 324 members and 5871 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X