Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduated from Ft Benning - thanks for all the support!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduated from Ft Benning - thanks for all the support!

Hi folks,

Some of you may remember me as the token Brit from Colorado who got his US Citizenship in October last year, joined the Colorado National Guard and was getting ready to ship out to Ft Benning for 11B OSUT Training - I just wanted to pop on here and let folks know that I proudly graduated March 4th, and am now at Airborne School!

I was due to start Airborne School right after OSUT, but unfortunately got food poisoning over the weekend, and depsite passing the PT Test while vomiting multiple times, was ordered to go to sick call and got recycled a week. I've now finished "Ground Week" and am getting ready to start "Tower Week"!

As much fun as it is, I'm looking forward to getting it over and done with, as I didn't have Airborne in my contract, so my wife and I had planned to move house beginning the first week of March after I graduated. A couple of weeks prior to graduated, I was awarded Airborne School based on my PT Score, so she's had to try and organize/execute the move on her own, which is quite a task!!

Naturally I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about Basic/11B Training etc, and am very happy to officially become part of the "Sheepdog" family (I was finally able to read "On Combat" and listen to "Bulletproof Mind" while in training - very inspiring!).

Many on here have been of great support during my American Journey, and as ever I am honored to "know" such a great group of people, even if most are just in the online sense. Regrettably Keith M is on his annual hiatus, so I shall have to give him a call to deliver the good news!

"FOLLOW ME!"

Congrats soldier!!! Good luck in school... sounds like you already have shown the desire and determination to make it this far... the rest will be a breeze for ya! Stay safe

Comment

That is great buddy...........................have fun at Airborne School
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Congrats! Now go beat your boots Airborne!

Comment

Congrats! Also on the Airborne training. Every minute of it is a lot of fun! (I'm just making that part up to make you feel better.) Nevertheless, you'll be extremely proud when you pin on the wings.
          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
          But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
          "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
          We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

you

made me proud of you. we need more of you. keep it up ,kid.
            break censorship chains

Comment

Congrats!
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

And thank you.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Bonus points if you can identify the parachute in my avatar.
                  "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

Comment

An open one!
                    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Armitage View Post
                      Hi folks,

Some of you may remember me as the token Brit from Colorado who got his US Citizenship in October last year, joined the Colorado National Guard and was getting ready to ship out to Ft Benning for 11B OSUT Training - I just wanted to pop on here and let folks know that I proudly graduated March 4th, and am now at Airborne School!

I was due to start Airborne School right after OSUT, but unfortunately got food poisoning over the weekend, and depsite passing the PT Test while vomiting multiple times, was ordered to go to sick call and got recycled a week. I've now finished "Ground Week" and am getting ready to start "Tower Week"!

As much fun as it is, I'm looking forward to getting it over and done with, as I didn't have Airborne in my contract, so my wife and I had planned to move house beginning the first week of March after I graduated. A couple of weeks prior to graduated, I was awarded Airborne School based on my PT Score, so she's had to try and organize/execute the move on her own, which is quite a task!!

Naturally I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about Basic/11B Training etc, and am very happy to officially become part of the "Sheepdog" family (I was finally able to read "On Combat" and listen to "Bulletproof Mind" while in training - very inspiring!).

Many on here have been of great support during my American Journey, and as ever I am honored to "know" such a great group of people, even if most are just in the online sense. Regrettably Keith M is on his annual hiatus, so I shall have to give him a call to deliver the good news!

"FOLLOW ME!"
                      All the way! All the way!

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                      After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Originally posted by headdoc View Post
                        bonus points if you can identify the parachute in my avatar.
                        mc-1c
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                        After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

great job. At least you went through Benning at a good time of year. I did BOLC in June and it sucked.

Did you get to drink at the Benning Brew pub? How about the Catwalk in Columbus?

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
                            mc-1c
                            Wow! That was quick!

(I actually meant the OP 'cause he's a cherry but I'll give you the points anyway.)

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

World_So_Cold

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4139 users online. 192 members and 3947 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X