300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Coalition Headed To Libya

What do you all think of this? http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...urgency-libya/ I really was expecting it to happen. I don't agree with it, and it's pretty obvious that 'the coalition' just wants to be their saviors so the Libyans can dish out some oil to us. I don't recall us intervening in Egypt's or other countries revolutions, but I was not reading up on them either. Did we intervene and help out one side or another, and did those countries ask for help/have oil or other natural resource reserves?
    Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

First US tomahawk missiles fired.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Apparently were are hitting they're air defense stations with cruise missiles now.
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm glad to know that we aren't sending infantry in - yet. Hopefully we can just shell the crap out of them and get it over with. Save our allies lives and save some of the money that we don't have.
        Pursuing the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
          I don't recall us intervening in Egypt's or other countries revolutions
          There were barely any deaths in those...... In this case, he's killed off 100s......and needs to be stopped before it gets worse...

Comment

Egypt's revolution was relatively peaceful. This is more akin to a civil war.

Comment

Sounds like so far we are just clearing out air defenses, so that European forces can enforce the no fly zone. We might not even have to send any planes out.

Comment

It would be a good chance to get our pilots some air to air combat experience though, if they do indeed break the no fly zone. They're warplanes wouldn't stand a chance.

Comment

I hope we Nuke the place in memory of the victims of Pan Am #103 and the Berlin Disco bombing......and the victims of whatever shenanigans that asshat has sponsored over the years......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    I hope we Nuke the place in memory of the victims of Pan Am #103 and the Berlin Disco bombing......and the victims of whatever shenanigans that asshat has sponsored over the years......
                    You must have forgotten who is in charge over here, more likely that we will apologize to him, and give him money for the ill that we have caused him by the bombing that he has had to do.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                      You must have forgotten who is in charge over here, more likely that we will apologize to him, and give him money for the ill that we have caused him by the bombing that he has had to do.
                      I am hoping the Italians/Germans/English/others will do our bidding since I know he won't.... Though, Fox is reporting we just tossed some missles at his ADA sites.....

Sad to say but I bet if Hill-Dawg was POTUS....we'd already been killing folks...

Comment

I agree Bear, and thanks for the input everyone. IIRC the Germans are backing but not providing support troop-wise yet, but that was a few hours ago. We need to take care of it fast and relentlessly and get it over with. DACP - sad but true, man. I'm glad to see the maritime-based units and warships are getting some action lately, though.
                        Pursuing the dream.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how the Luftwaffe Eurofighter handles in air-air combat if the Libyans send their migs up.
                          Life is what you make of it

Comment

it would not be much of a test.

M-11
                            “All men dream...... But not equally..
                            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

March 19, 2011
                              OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
                              BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the... world from grave danger...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6364 users online. 344 members and 6020 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X