300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surplus submarines for American LE

Okay, I know these Sanderisms usually go in "Duty Gear," but I thought I might get a flyover from the Black Helicopter if I put this there.

I just had to post this after I saw the headline "NYPD to Buy Counterterror Combat Vessel." So I said to myself, "Self, why not some nice stealthy submarines for law enforcement?"
    An attack sub would be right handy for interdicting smugglers and terrorist boats, don't you think? And one "boomer" (ballistic missile sub) could take out a whole bunch of crack houses.

Okay, I've never been in the Navy, but I understand it takes a large crew to operate a sub. Sandergrams often mention how the idea being floated (huh huh; bad joke) will reduce the number of officers needed, so we might have to brainstorm this to make it really work.

--
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

I really don't think subs have a place in LE, who is paying for said sub?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

A good 'ol diesel sub with a 8.8cm deck gun would be nice.

Life is what you make of it

Comment

Thread on favorite LE submersible from Patrick Sander in 5....4....3....
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
          I have a feeling since he was "outted" we might not be hearing from him for a while!!!!!
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post

But NYPD doesn't pursue. I want a pursuit rated sub.

And who do we want to drive that sub?

I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Is there going to a Red Dawn: NYPD?

Comment

But NYPD doesn't pursue. I want a pursuit rated sub.
                The type VIIC (shown in picture) is more maneuverable than most other WWII subs and she is pretty quick as well. Couple it with the snorkel and you can run the diesels underwater.
                Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                  I really don't think subs have a place in LE, who is paying for said sub?
                  Um, are you being ironical, or are you actually a graduate of the Alaska State School For The Humor-Impaired?
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                    Yeah, imagine my relief that everyone after TG seems to "get it."
                    --

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                      Pigboat! Pigboat!
                      (I learned that from a buddy who was in the Navy, and was in diesel subs.)
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                        Is there going to a Red Dawn: NYPD?
                        Y'mean "Red October"? With Sean Connery as a Russki?
                        --

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
                          Y'mean "Red October"? With Sean Connery as a Russki?
                          Yeah. Cuz "Red Dawn" could never take place in NYC. If it did, it would be the shortest movie ever, since nobody's allowed to have guns to fight back against the Soviets.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                            Yeah. Cuz "Red Dawn" could never take place in NYC. If it did, it would be the shortest movie ever, since nobody's allowed to have guns to fight back against the Soviets.
                            + infinity. Didn't they remake that or are they still planning to ruin another 80's classic?
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                              Do you think that people don't have them there?
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4237 users online. 266 members and 3971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X