Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JasperST
    replied
    I got POed about 20 years ago in a similar situation. The timing belt broke when I was in the passing lane on I-5. I had no choice but to park on the left, luckily there was a shoulder there but not much further. I was towed before I could get a tow company to it about an hour later. I understand why put to pay an impound fee on top of it did seem like the tow company taking advantage of the situation. There was no other paperwork involved though.

Leave a comment:

• avalon42
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• needguidance
    replied
    That's right it could always be worse. Someone could have smashed into it, killed themselves. The family would sue you and you would'nt have a car + the ticket while there was an earth quake, tsunami and nuclear melt down.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    That does stink ($500.00 fee) sorry to hear that.

But on the flip side it didn't happen in Japan. Hate beign that guy, just trying to make you feel a little better about the situation. And if I were in your shoes I would be HOT no doubt about it. What I try to do when I'm like that is think about a situation that if someone were in mine would be really trivial to be mad about. It helps me calm down and keep the blood pressure in check.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Wow. As long as you are off the road and not obstructing traffic, that's a quick tow. Can't say what their policy is though. I second the suggestion of speaking with a supervisor.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    So did you break down or run out of gas???

Leave a comment:

• needguidance
    replied
    Think of all the gas money you are saving in the mean time.

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
    If your vehicle breaks down or you run out of gas on the interstate in Utah you cant leave it on the left side of the road. Just an FYI. I found out the hard way. There goes another $500 down the drain. Thanks a lot for being so F#!KING quick to tow the dang thing Utah Highway Patrol. Oh and thanks for putting a detainer on it saying that it's F#!KING stolen! I am the owner and have the title and it's never been reported stolen ever! The Tow company wont give me the vehicle back until I go to the DMV and show proof of ownership then pay a F#!KING FEE to the State to get a G*D D**M piece of paper to show the tow company that's its not stolen so I can get it back out. Why the heck would they put that detainer on there??? Sounds to me like they are a bunch of F#!KING rip off artists. I mean I knew the State was hurting for money but really??? A F#!KING FEE to show the tow company its not stolen when I have the F#!KING TITLE and its NEVER been reported stolen!!!!!!!!

Rant Over.

Stay safe out there Troopers.
    Pushing the limits of the censors, huh? Man, that was sensitive to my virgin ears just reading it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied

And I was gunna' say he was kinda cute...

was gunna ask Mr. greeny ta' join be fer a donut break..Ya know code 7..

Not Now though...

Mr greeny can go straight ta' hell's....

"Hay wait a minute Mrss. Po-Lice Officer....
    Come back, I was just jok'in ya's", said Mr. greeny!!!

Awww Too Late Mr. Greeny....

Shes wid da' Professor Nows!!!!

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    If you are going to have cars that break down or run out of gas, a AAA membership would be much cheaper than the tow job you got. They would have brought you gas, or towed you to a shop as needed.

I got mad once when I was out of town on Friday through the weekend. I had a car parked out front of my house. It snowed heavily Friday night, on Saturday the police tagged vehicles parked on the wrong side of the street as the plows go even/odd side. Snow was all melted away on Sunday plows never came, Monday the tow company hooked up all the cars tagged and towed them off to clear way for the snow plows that were never comming because there was no snow at all.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Green
    replied
    Oh I will be professional. I just needed to vent and get it out of my system. It is a private tow company that towed it at the direction of the Trooper. I called UHP and they said I have to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get a "State Tax Release" what ever that is....I have to show the DMV proof of ownership in order to get that document and pay a fee for it as well. The tow company wont release the vehicle to me without that document. It's all one big conspiracy to screw people out of their money I think. I wonder who is getting the kickbacks here.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    Have you called UHP and asked to speak to a Sergeant about getting a release? I'd also ask them why the hold, because they are possibly putting you at risk of being hot stopped if another cop runs your plate and thinks it's stolen. Don't be a jerk now, just calmly express your concern about an incorrect flag being entered in a database.

In California you get 4 hours, then they tow it as a hazard.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Green
    replied
    9:30 PM when I broke down to 6:00 AM when they towed it. I made it back as quick as I could. I was under the impression that I had up to 24 hours. They do give you 24 hours if it is on the right side of the road but I was getting ready to take a left exit when my truck died on me in the left lane. I was unable to merge across 4 lanes to get to the right and had to stop on the left. I'm not mad at the Troopers or anyone else. They all were just doing their jobs. I am mad though that the trooper who had it towed put some sort of detainer on it that it was a possible stolen vehicle. I don't understand why they would have done that. Now I have to pay the State to get a piece of paper to show the tow company that it's not stolen. That really ****es me off. I feel like the State is just trying to make a buck. The tow company is gonna charge me over $400 for the tow and one day of storage. That's highway robbery in my opinion...no pun intended. I'm just mad at the whole situation I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio5-0
    replied
    lol, how long did you leave it there?

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    Someones MAD!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2744 users online. 152 members and 2592 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X