300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Patrick's Day 2011

The Sarge wants to extend his appreciation to you gingers of Irish decent. Once a year you let the Sarge play like he's one of you. He just got in from the store where he nabbed red potatoes, cabbage and corned beef. A quick side trip was also made in there for a sixer of Killian's Irish Red and a bottle of Bushmill's. The traditional toasts y'all have are some of the best.

The Sarge can't wait to come home Thursday night to a bubbling crockpot.

Let the countdown begin!!!
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

St. Patricks Day, 2011 ...... My wifes and my 4 yr anniversary.

Let the countdown begin!!!!

Comment

Damn Sarge you cook or is it the leprechaun?

Mud Pig: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! ENJOY!

To the rest of ya....Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope you get to have an ice cold one! Be safe!

World_So_Cold

Comment

The Sarge will be cooking. The daughter doesn't like corned beef and will be at her grandparents' anyway.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Wow! Nice! I always like to have corned beef and cabbage once a year. I don't know where to get it around here anymore. None of the real good places are open any more.

Enjoy!

World_So_Cold

Comment

Thanks.

Sarge does most of the cookin' here.
            NRA Life Member

Comment

I plan on throwing a big ole corned beef in a crock pot and a few potatoes the evening before. I will bake up a loaf of Soda bread and have a family feast. I like some good corned beef and cabbage.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off....

We have a huge parade that runs through Waikiki and a block party (actually 3 blocks plus a huge parking lot) at the Local Irish Bar in Downtown Honolulu with live bands.....plus fun and festivites at my local Elks Lodge......

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                  Thanks.

Sarge does most of the cookin' here.
                  Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                  I plan on throwing a big ole corned beef in a crock pot and a few potatoes the evening before. I will bake up a loaf of Soda bread and have a family feast. I like some good corned beef and cabbage.
                  All you guys cook???!!?? What the hell?

World_So_Cold

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
                      All you guys cook???!!?? What the hell?
                      I think a lot of former Soldiers and Marines managed to pick up a few things along the way.
                      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

You buy it at the grocery store!!!!

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
                        Wow! Nice! I always like to have corned beef and cabbage once a year. I don't know where to get it around here anymore. None of the real good places are open any more.

Enjoy!
                        I bought 6 corned beefs, cabbage, 5lbs of red potatos. Cooking Wednesday, eating Thursday and beyond. Also, homemade soda bread!!

Loving it!!

100% Irish and willing to assist the young ladies to become Irish by injection!!
                        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                          I bought 6 corned beefs, cabbage, 5lbs of red potatos. Cooking Wednesday, eating Thursday and beyond. Also, homemade soda bread!!

Loving it!!

100% Irish and willing to assist the young ladies to become Irish by injection!!
                          I'm Italian (injection or not). I do not boil meat!! I'll eat it..I will not boil it!

World_So_Cold

Comment

That's too bad. Sarge is making Guiness Beef Stew tonight and it starts with braising, not boiling. You're missing out!!
                            NRA Life Member

Comment

I do all the cooking when I'm home. I'll be putting the corned beef in before I come to work on Thurs. I think I'll start a little St. Practice day tonight with some Kilian's
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4480 users online. 289 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X