300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are our O.com golfers?

Went out to the range today for the first time this season. It was 45 and overcast, but it was a very productive range session.

So who else is hit the links here on O.com? Whats in the bag? Stories? Anyone have clubs in the bottom of a pond somewhere off 15?

Edited to add that my set is Nike Slingshot Irons, Cleveland CG15 wedges, Callaway Diablo 3 wood, Odyssey White Hot XG putter.
    Last edited by -Erik-; 03-12-2011, 09:23 PM.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

I played last weekend in Disney the Palms course. It was great to be out in warm weather playing a round. I rented a set of Titelis clubs not a fan of blades. I love my Taylore Made Burner 9Driver) and my Burner irons.

Not many golfer's on this forum, I asked the question a few years ago. My must in my bag is my .56 degree lob wedge, I can't play inside of 85 without it.

I remember when I first started playing there was this water hole and my buddy would say "Lets save time today-just throw two balls in the water and lets drop in front" What a dou-he lol

How's the golf out there?
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

You should try these new Cleveland wedges if you like your 56*. The ball just sticks to the club face and you get incredible control. I have a 52 and a 56 and just may go and pick up a 60 for work around the green. As for the driver I don't carry one.

Golf in Michigan is actually very good. I believe Michigan has more Golf Courses then any other state. The best golf, I have been told, is found in the northern half of the state, but I have yet to experience any of those courses yet.
      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Last year I tried to play once a week and go to the range once a week. I did fairly well on the playing, but not so good with the range. I got new irons over that winter, a big mistake. I got Nickent cavity backs, which make real good contact and fly a loooong way (due to the fact that they are a club stronger loft than most irons, lol) but I NEVER should have gotten graphite shafts. I'll hit it good, and one will be left of the green, one will be right. I think I could have really improved last year if I'd bought the same thing in steel. Never again, not till I'm 75 and can't swing well anyway.

I've been a low 80s shooter several years of my golf life, but not for a while now. Just not enough time or money to play much.
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Still snowing here...
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Too muddy, cold and alot of snow left here.

World_So_Cold

Comment

I play golf few times a year with friends. I have a set of irons, Ping putter and Callaway Big Bertha driver (a relic from 1990s). When I lived in Florida, I used to play at least 3 times a week, now I'm lucky if I play that much a year.

Comment

crush everyone on here in golf easily
                Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I do it to get out of work early one day a week. "Oops, sorry...golf time!"

World_So_Cold

Comment

Only played once in the last 3 years. Set of Warrior Custom made graphite shaft cavity back Irons. They're kinda goofy looking, but they work fine. I had to relearn my distance for each club. Wasn't fond of the woods. Primary driver is an ancient Wilson 3 wood. Average drive 250+/- 25. Then I've got one driver that I can send them out to 320. Some no-name big head that I picked up at Bass Pro about 20 years ago for $39.

I hope to be able to play more often this year.
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                      Only played once in the last 3 years. Set of Warrior Custom made graphite shaft cavity back Irons. They're kinda goofy looking, but they work fine. I had to relearn my distance for each club. Wasn't fond of the woods. Primary driver is an ancient Wilson 3 wood. Average drive 250+/- 25. Then I've got one driver that I can send them out to 320. Some no-name big head that I picked up at Bass Pro about 20 years ago for $39.

I hope to be able to play more often this year.
                      My goal is play two or three rounds per week. I like to get the last tee time of the day so I can play at my own pace and not have to worry about people behind me pushing me to play faster.
                      Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                      If we can bring family members I will take you up on that one

M-11

Comment

I used to play a few times per week, and i play even more in high school (free golf at our home course !!!). I haven't picked up my clubs in over a year now. I love playing.... I have a set of Ping irons that i have had forever, love them.., i have a Ping G2 driver, Ping putter.. i like Ping incase you wondered...

Golf is also a great way to work out your muscles and give them a nice stretch... walk an 18 hole course and tell me you dont feel something the next day

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                          My goal is play two or three rounds per week. I like to get the last tee time of the day so I can play at my own pace and not have to worry about people behind me pushing me to play faster.If we can bring family members I will take you up on that one
                          That is what I'd like to do for range time and one round for golf...busy week. LOL

World_So_Cold

Comment

As for the driver I don't carry one
                            What? How?? LOL What do you use?
                            MDRDEP:

Comment

I will take you to a course where they have this fine big boobed cart girl. It will make you lose all focus brother.
                              MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4266 users online. 267 members and 3999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X