Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida,Georgia and South Carolina

Hello all,

So it looks like instead of going to the Midwest I am going to Florida,Georgia and South Carolina to watch baseball in August 6-17th. While I am in Florida I plan on going to see both Florida teams and maybe take in a game at the minor team stadiums.

I will be staying in the Saratoga or St. Pete's area for 5 days in Florida. I will be in Georgia for 2 1/2 days and in South Carolina for about 4 1/2 days.

I want to see the Braves and then tour the city. What historical sites should I see while I am there. Anything else I should see?

In South Carolina I am going to stay in Charleston or closer to my friend who lives in Pawleys Island.

What else should I see while I am in all three of those states. Suggestions please! Thank you
    Last edited by BaseballBabe; 03-12-2011, 07:33 PM.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Disneys Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando is pretty nice, a must see if your a baseball fan You didn't say what timeframe you'll be in Florida but the Atlanta Braves Play 12 Spring Training Games in Orlando @ the Wide World of Sports Starting in March.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/comple...ll-quadraplex/
    Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Originally posted by dontcallmeradio View Post
      Disneys Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando is pretty nice, a must see if your a baseball fan You didn't say what timeframe you'll be in Florida but the Atlanta Braves Play 12 Spring Training Games in Orlando @ the Wide World of Sports Starting in March.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/comple...ll-quadraplex/
      I fixed it. I am going Aug. 6-17 th.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

In ATL, you need to go to the World of Coke, eat at the Varsity (across from GA Tech), the CNN tour is pretty good, and there are some cool shopping districts and a lot of good places to eat.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Ok. Thanks I will check those online and see where they are.

Comment

+1 on World of Coke. I'd also recommend going to the Georgia Aquarium (which is across Centennial Park from Coke). I grew up living near & going to Sea World in San Diego often. I thought the GA would be a disappointment, but it was actually quite good.

Don't forget to sample the sweet tea while you're in Georgia!
            This Space For Rent

Comment

Any more ideas would be helpful?

What else should I see in South Carolina?

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
                Any more ideas would be helpful?

What else should I see in South Carolina?
                If you're into grand old buildings at all, I'd recommend a tour of the Fox theater in ATL. Or you could go see a show if anything good is on.
                Charleston is FULL of historical sites. We really enjoyed touring the USS Yorktown at Patriot's point. From there, you can also catch a tour boat to Fort Sumter.
                The old Exchange building has dungeons used by the brits during the revolutionary war and is also where SC ratified the constitution.
                You've GOT to have dinner at Poogan's porch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4166 users online. 227 members and 3939 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X