300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got robbed today.....(not literally)

Not literally of course, but at a Jiu-Jitsu belt promotion. I've been training hard, and I'm a force to be reckoned with if I may toot my own horn for a second. My skill set is amazing, and I tap people a couple belts higher than me. That being said, I've also put the time in ( almost 4 years now ) won several competitions, and helped mentor younger students.

So today, the ENTIRE school including all of the upper belts believe that it's my day, I'm finally getting my purple belt. Get this, a guy that I can tear apart in 10 seconds, and that my 13 year old Jiu-Jitsu protege child ( the one that I teach a lot ) can tear apart in about 20 seconds takes the belt, but I don't. The man is terrible might I add, and he doesn't contain 20 percent of the skill that I do.

I'm mainly saying this to vent, I hate working so hard towards something and have someone take that from me. This was honestly the last straw, I'm going to train with a much more competitive school. His own students couldn't believe the injustice that was dished out today.

So yeah. That's my rant.

That sucks. Which school are you with in LA. I train down in HB. Did the instructor give you a reason why he did not promote you or a reason why he piked the other guy.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

can only 1 of you be a purple belt?
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

sounds more like karate then jui jitsu

worry about mat time and working on your weaknesses. always fight up in skill level and at the end of the day who cares what "they" categorize you as

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
          can only 1 of you be a purple belt?
          "two men, hand-to-hand, no jury, no appear, no parol. Two men enter, one man leaves."
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

So now even martail arts schools are political!?!?!?! lmao

You want that purple belt then you know what you have to do? Stop kicking *** and start kissing it!
            SMOOOOOOOOOOOOCH
            Last edited by DeputySC; 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

It's not a Karate school, it's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school. I've now decided to train down with Roger Machado in Pasadena, I moved on. I'm dead serious, in most places it all politics. If your butt buddies with the instructor, it doesn't even matter if your good anymore.

My original instructor (Wander Braga) got sent back to Brazil awaiting citizenship to the United States. So we got stuck with one of his half a** black belts that even I've tapped. I wish I could train with Saulo down in San Diego but he's too far. Some of the guys told me Machado is a good bet down here.

His reason was I kid you not, "that he has an ego problem, and he needs to feel big about himself so I think promoting him will help him advance" Keep in mind this idiot isn't even at a blue belt level. Our 13 year old kids class guys tap this dude. It's THAT bad. During the test he battered me with dozens of questions and scenarios but asked this guy that got the belt one thing. Escape back control, and he couldn't even do it right!

Whatever, I'm over it I was just super ****ed off last night. Instructor is a joke in my opinion, time to move on.
              Last edited by andrewkon5; 03-10-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewkon5 View Post
                It's not a Karate school, it's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school. I've now decided to train down with Roger Machado in Pasadena, I moved on. I'm dead serious, in most places it all politics. If your butt buddies with the instructor, it doesn't even matter if your good anymore.

My original instructor (Wander Braga) got sent back to Brazil awaiting citizenship to the United States. So we got stuck with one of his half a** black belts that even I've tapped. I wish I could train with Saulo down in San Diego but he's too far. Some of the guys told me Machado is a good bet down here.

His reason was I kid you not, "that he has an ego problem, and he needs to feel big about himself so I think promoting him will help him advance" Keep in mind this idiot isn't even at a blue belt level. Our 13 year old kids class guys tap this dude. It's THAT bad. During the test he battered me with dozens of questions and scenarios but asked this guy that got the belt one thing. Escape back control, and he couldn't even do it right!

Whatever, I'm over it I was just super ****ed off last night. Instructor is a joke in my opinion, time to move on.
                Aside from the financial investment you have in the school and instructor, do not lose the lesson of this experience. All through your life, you will observe individuals being promoted or winning when they don't deserve to, when you are clearly the better candidate, and it will always make you angry. Life is not fair. However, use the anger to improve yourself for next time. Isn't self-improvement the goal of the martial way?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3934 users online. 253 members and 3681 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X