• Show
Clear All

• Why we in NYC cry about housing prices - even these bad market days

Some recent sales (just a sampling):

Manhattan

CENTRAL PARK WEST

$2,613,500

279 Central Park West

Three-bedroom, three-bath condo, 1,800 square feet, with windowed kitchen with granite counters, master suite with two walk-in closets, marble bath with double sinks, washer/dryer and crown molding; building features doorman, gym, playroom and storage. Common charges $2,548, taxes $858. Asking price $2,695,000, on market 10 weeks. Brokers: Tara Torkan Abrams, Torkan Real Estate and Michael A. Jones, The Corcoran Group

TURTLE BAY

$525,000

301 E. 45th St.

One-bedroom, one-bath condo, 547 square feet, with dining area and four closets; building features landscaped roof deck and storage. Common charges $502, taxes $588. Asking price $555,000, on market six weeks. Brokers: Yvonne Carella, Nest Seekers International and Coura Gaye Sow, Realtyline

UPPER WEST SIDE

$529,000

304 W. 75th St.

One-bedroom, one-bath co-op, 625 square feet, with windowed kitchen with granite counters and stainless-steel appliances, windowed bath and two walk-in closets; building features doorman, garden, gym and laundry. Maintenance $1,165, 45 percent tax-deductible. Asking price $599,000, on market 20 weeks. Brokers: Sheryl Berger, Argo Residential and Jessica Cohen and Maria Milkova, Prudential Douglas Elliman

Brooklyn

BAY RIDGE

$320,000

9281 Shore Road

One-bedroom, one-bath co-op, 850 square feet, with entry foyer with refinished closets, eat-in kitchen with ceramic-tiled floors, stainless-steel appliances and granite counters and new plumbing and electrical systems. Maintenance $628, 50 percent tax-deductible. Asking price $339,000, on market five weeks. Broker: Catherine Cleland, City Connections Realty

Queens

RIDGEWOOD

$410,000

852 Cypress Ave.

One-bedroom, two-bath duplex penthouse condo, 1,150 square feet, with dining area, hardwood floors and terrace; building features roof deck. Common charges $454, taxes $109. Asking price $419,000, on market 60 weeks. Broker: Mike Allen, aptsandlofts.com

The Bronx

RIVERDALE

$680,000

406 W. 263rd St.

Three-bedroom, 2½-bath, center-hall brick-and-stucco house on a 52-by-109-foot lot, with sunken living room, dining room, center-island kitchen with two sinks, dishwashers and ovens, master suite with walk-in closet, maid’s room, central AC, patio, fenced yard, tool/storage sheds and private driveway. Taxes $5,044. Asking price $699,000, on market 21 weeks. Broker: Bert Trebach, Trebach Realty

Westchester

BRONXVILLE $1,450,000

72 Summit Ave.

Six-bedroom, five-bath Tudor, 3,373 square feet, with living room with fireplace and built-in bookcases, formal dining room, playroom, sun porch and terrace. Taxes $33,664. Asking price $1,450,000, on market eight weeks. Brokers: Laura Stichter and Sheila Stoltz, Houlihan Lawrence

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1GCJLSCfV
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Are the maintenance/tax costs listed per year?
    And what are "common charges"?
    Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
    Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

He didn't get into the taxes for property & school yet.

My house is assed at 342,000 and I pay almost 10,600 for school & property taxes.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Those are some high property taxes. Does NY not have income taxes. In Socal I hear clients complain all the time about realestate prices. The sellers can not believe their houses are not worth as much as they paid and the buyers want 50% off the asking price still.
        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

We have income taxes and high property taxes - my property tax is $12k/year.

A maintenance/common area fee is a monthly charge for care of the building and common facilities. It is in addition to your mortgage and taxes.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Wait, somewhere has higher taxes than California?

Comment

Yup and on top of it we have a winter that wont end and many transplants that come daily for our welfare BEST IN THE COUNTRY
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4930 users online. 286 members and 4644 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X