300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt. Slaughter

KidDoc and I are heading home in the morning after a week in Phoenix/Scottsdale. The Sarge was kind enough to point us toward some good and authentic Mexican food -- a thing which is mostly not available in Alaska. His judgment was good and we enjoyed the food. (Also the sun, but he wasn't responsible for that. ) Thanks Sgt. Slaughter and if you ever make it to Anchorage, I'll take you to The Moose's Tooth for pizza and microbrew (which is definitely available in Alaska).
    "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
    But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
    "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
    We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

HA! The Sarge's countenance shone brightly during your trip, even with the adversity of losing his precious critter.

You're welcome for the sun AND the food.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

What? No Mexican food in AK?

I couldn't survive there.

I just had a chili relleno, rice and beans. Burrrp! And a Prepared Tecate!

Mucho kudos for the sarge!
      Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-04-2011, 11:52 PM.
      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Ah sweet hey Sarge can you let me in on this secret?

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
          What? No Mexican food in AK?

I couldn't survive there.
          I didn't say there isn't Mexican food in Alaska...I just said it isn't very good. Fortunately, KidDoc and the female offspring are excellent cooks and we sometimes make a big spread at home. I make the best salsa ever.
          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            HA! The Sarge's countenance shone brightly during your trip, even with the adversity of losing his precious critter.

You're welcome for the sun AND the food.
            Oh, yeah? How do you explain the fact that it snowed the day after we arrived? (Although it had melted by the time we got out of bed.)

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
              Oh, yeah? How do you explain the fact that it snowed the day after we arrived? (Although it had melted by the time we got out of bed.)
              The Sarge's heart was heavy. That was the day his dog died.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...He-died-today.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by stbspd View Post
                Ah sweet hey Sarge can you let me in on this secret?
                Los Reyes de la Torta & Macayo's.
                NRA Life Member

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4578 users online. 291 members and 4287 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X