300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody save me!

The flu came awfully close, but it didn't kill me this week. However, something else may...

Our woman-child turned 13 two days ago and tonight is her sleepover party. There are five other teen, or pre-teen seventh graders here and they've just returned from the Justin Bieber 3D movie. They are all making wedding plans with Justin, playing him on the Bose, discussing various stalking scenarios, and fully I expect there will be high-pitched shrieking every few minutes throughout the night and early morning.

I wish my flu was worse, right now, I could clear the house out, under the "quarantine" banner.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

If the wife unit is available to supervise the girls and drool over Beiber with them, a bottle of Maker's Mark is in order.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Just tough it out, man...By this time tomorrow, it'll only be a bad memory.
      "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
      But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
      "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
      We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

At least you have an even number of females. You never, ever, EVER have an odd number of girls at a sleepover/party. They pair up, one will be left out and all hell breaks loose.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
          At least you have an even number of females. You never, ever, EVER have an odd number of girls at a sleepover/party. They pair up, one will be left out and all hell breaks loose.
          Thank you, Smurfette, for that piece of advice. I will file it in the back of my brain for use a few years down the road...
          sigpic

Comment

Smurf.....I've never heard of that!

Hey Daddy Guams! You've got a couple of years to prepare.

Oh Kieth...I'm afraid even noise canceling head phones wont work!

What NO man cave?
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I know your pain...some of our 13 y/o duaghter's friends are almost to permanent resident status here. They are usually more helpful than our daughter....Good luck!
              Whatever hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed.
              Some minds are like concrete...Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
              01 CVPI - Former OKCPD gang unit #0113129
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3037005
              http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/russrad25/6c.jpg http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...4-832889-1.jpg
              My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!
              ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Whats wrong? You don't have Bieber Fever?! Eh, whenever my sisters friends sleepover me and my dad usually go spend the night elsewhere because there is no sleeping.

Comment

I feel for you man...............................I would take a field trip.

Are you SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A TRAINING SESSION IN DENVER OR COLORADO SPRINGS you HAVE to go to? FAST
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Be thankful. You have a very short time before you are confiscating all cell phones at intake and performing sweeps of the perimeter looking for boys.
                    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

I'm so glad to be past that point and yet so sad to be past that point. Thanks for reminding me of why I'm glad it's past.
                      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

When my nephew turned six, my sister allowed him to have a whole bunch of guys over for an overnight.

The next morning, after seeing the last one of them out, he turned to his Mom and said, "Let's not ever do that again, Mom!"

She asked if he would be willing to sign a statement promising never to ask for a big sleepover party again, and he said he would.

He changed his mind before she actually got it down in black and white!
                        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Too bad he (or she) is taken. Hehehe
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                            Whats wrong? You don't have Bieber Fever?! Eh, whenever my sisters friends sleepover me and my dad usually go spend the night elsewhere because there is no sleeping.
                            I read it so fast....I thought you said beaver fever! I started laughing and had to read it again.

What is the attraction to this Justin Bieber guy?
                            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

If you really want to mess them up, show them the South Park Coon and Friends Episode where Cutulu crushes Justine Beiber.

And then there is this:
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 186 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X